function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Airtel Limited 63Airtel Limited 63 

i have one field in salesforce which is a checkbox. want to create another date formula field where it will automatically populate the date of when the checkbox is checked.

i have one field in salesforce "Coordinator´s validation" which is a checkbox. want to create another formula field "Coordinator´s validation date" where it will automatically populate the date of when the checkbox "Coordinator´s validation" is checked. how will be the formula. because this formula will not work IF(Coordinator_s_validation__c, TODAY(), NULL). because every time when i am updating the record that date is populating. i want to do it in configuration only. can any one suggest please.

SubratSubrat (Salesforce Developers) 
Hello ,

To create a formula field in Salesforce that automatically populates the date when a checkbox is checked, you can use a combination of a checkbox formula and a date formula field. Here's how you can achieve this:

Create a Checkbox Formula Field.

Create a new checkbox formula field, let's name it "Coordinator's Validation".

Set the formula to refer to the original checkbox field "Coordinator's Validation" (replace it with the API name of your checkbox field).

The formula will be something like: Coordinator_s_validation__c.

Create a Date Formula Field:
Create a new date formula field, let's name it "Coordinator's Validation Date".
Set the formula as follows:
IF(Coordinator_s_validation__c, TODAY(), NULL)
The formula checks if the checkbox formula field "Coordinator's Validation" is true (checked). If it is true, it populates the current date using TODAY(). Otherwise, it returns NULL.
By using the checkbox formula field as a trigger, the date formula field will populate the current date when the checkbox is checked. It will not update the date when the record is updated in the future.

Hope this helps !
Thank you.
Rayan AbramRayan Abram
To create a formula field in Salesforce that automatically populates the date when a checkbox field is checked, you can use the ISCHANGED() function in conjunction with an IF() statement. The formula would be as follows: IF(ISCHANGED(Coordinator_s_validation__c) && Coordinator_s_validation__c, TODAY(), NULL). This formula checks if the value of the "Coordinator's validation" checkbox field has changed and if it is currently checked. If both conditions are true, the formula sets the "Coordinator's validation date" field to the current date using the TODAY() function.  If you need more updates this https://unlockmaker.com/ platform is very updated and informative must explore it.