function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Amit Karlekar 4Amit Karlekar 4 

Apex Trigger Logic Development

At the age of 35, I decided to go into the IT industry. Started learning Salesforce Development after the admin. But, in this process, I am finding so many difficulties, especially in the trigger, as I am from a non-IT background.

I would like to hear about the experience from the experienced folks working in Salesforce Development. Especially, people like me, who were from non-IT backgrounds, but now are working without any problem.

Would you please be kind enough to guide me on how do I improve my salesforce development coding and how to improve the logic building?

SwethaSwetha (Salesforce Developers) 
HI Amit,

It's great to hear that you are venturing into the IT industry and learning Salesforce Development! As someone from a non-IT background, learning Salesforce development and Apex Triggers can be challenging. However, with the right guidance and resources, it is possible to improve your coding skills and logic building. 

Some tips and best practices to help you improve your Salesforce development skills:

> Start with the basics: Before diving into Apex Triggers, make sure you have a solid understanding of Salesforce basics, including data modeling, object relationships, and workflows.

> Trailhead Modules: Salesforce offers a fantastic learning resource called Trailhead. Complete various modules and projects available on Trailhead to gain hands-on experience and reinforce your learning.

> Learn from experienced developers: There are many resources available online, including YouTube tutorials, blog posts, and Salesforce developer forums, where you can learn from experienced developers. Some of the resources that can help you learn Apex Triggers include the Salesforce Developer Tutorial, ApexHours, and Insycle Blog.

> Follow best practices: Following best practices is essential when writing Apex Triggers. Some of the best practices include writing one trigger per object, using context-specific handler methods, bulkifying your code, and avoiding SOQL queries or DML statements inside FOR loops. You can find more best practices in the Salesforce Developer Community and in the Apex developer guide.

> The more you practice writing Apex Triggers, the better you will become. Start by writing simple triggers and gradually work your way up to more complex ones. Use a sandbox environment to test your triggers before deploying them to your live system. Build small projects, work on personal development tasks, and participate in Salesforce developer challenges to apply what you've learned.

> Regularly review your code, identify areas for improvement, and refactor when necessary. Clean, efficient code is essential for maintainability and scalability.

If this information helps, please mark the answer as best. Thank you