function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Michael Malone 33Michael Malone 33 

I have a formula field on an Opportunity which calculates the total cost, I am trying to pass this data to another Opportunity but cannot find a way to do this

We have linked Opportunities and I use processes/flows to pass the values of certain fields from one Opportunity to another, for most this is straightforward as the value is static, i.e. a picklist value or text string.

However I have a custom field which is a formula to caluclate total cost and I am trying to pass the formula result to another Opportunity whenever the value changes. I have tried things like
VALUE ([Opportunity].AUS_Total_Group_Cost__c ) but it is not working.

Has anyone any suggestions as to how to make this work?

Thanks in advance
Sukanya BanekarSukanya Banekar
Hello Michael,

Are you attempting to pass the value through a flow or process builder? Additionally, are you triggering the flow or process builder based on a value change in a formula field or a regular text/number field?

Thanks,
Sukanya Banekar
Michael Malone 33Michael Malone 33
@sukanya banekar Thank you for your reply - I am using Process Builder as it is one I have not yet migrated to flow. I am trying to trigger the process based on a value change in the formula field.
Sukanya BanekarSukanya Banekar
Hi Michael,

You cannot create any process on formula field change. 

Formula fields are read-only and their values are calculated based on other field values, so they do not trigger workflows or processes