function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
nusrat khowajanusrat khowaja 

Create an Account Reviewer profile

Challenge Question:
Assume a company needs a user whose job is to solely review existing accounts and report on them, but does not require the ability to edit the records. They should only see records from the Account object. Create the correct profile for this user.The profile must be named 'Account Reviewer'.
The 'Account Reviewer' profile should use the 'Salesforce' user license type.
Any user assigned to the 'Account Reviewer' profile should only have read access to the Account object (and no access to any other object in the Org).

I did every thing as tiralhead instructed but i am getting this error.

Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
The 'Account Reviewer' profile does not work as expected
Best Answer chosen by nusrat khowaja
Jithin Krishnan 2Jithin Krishnan 2
Hi Nusrat,
In the first screenshot, objects other than Accounts like Cases, Contacts, Contracts etc also has have read access. According to the challenge, only Account object should have read access. All the other objects should be invisible. So please try after changing that too.
Thanks!

All Answers

Hi Nusrat,
Steps for the above challenge:
1. Create a profile named 'Account Reviewer' of 'Salesforce Type' (Please make sure the spellings are correct). You can clone from the 'Standard user' profile which has 'Salesforce' licence.
2. Once you save the profile, click on edit -> Scroll down till you find the 'Standard Object Permissions' section. 
3. Uncheck all the checkboxes except 'Read' of 'Account'. And save. Eventually, it will look something like this.
User-added image

Please let me know if this helped you.
Thanks
did not work. I have done in following way , but it has same error message.

User-added imageUser-added image
Hi Nusrat,
In the first screenshot, objects other than Accounts like Cases, Contacts, Contracts etc also has have read access. According to the challenge, only Account object should have read access. All the other objects should be invisible. So please try after changing that too.
Thanks!
This was selected as the best answer
 i edited each and every one by one and clear all ticks to make it  " no access".
Thanks for help.
karthik bysanikarthik bysani
customize module--> user interface -- > uncheck the Enable Enhanced Profile User Interface option. 
go to profiles and you can see all objects with their acess specifiers, uncheck it will solve your problem. 

Himshikha DasHimshikha Das
User-added image

1) Create a Profile with Profile name as Account Reviewer.
2) Click Edit in the Profile Detail Page
3) Scroll down the page and goto Standard Object Permission and uncheck all the object except Account (Read and View All)as shown in the pic.
4)Also uncheck all the Custom Object Permission. 
Selva lingamSelva lingam
1.customize module==> user interface -- > uncheck the Enable Enhanced Profile User Interface option. thanks to Karthi
2.and then go to account reviewer profile and  edit -> Scroll down till you find the 'Standard Object Permissions' section. 
3. Uncheck all the checkboxes except 'Read' of 'Account'. And save -:) Thanks to Jithin Krishnan 

Rashmi Vishnuvardhan 3Rashmi Vishnuvardhan 3
uncheck the Enable Enhanced Profile User Interface option is the one important setting for easy modification to Object setting.
Brendan PetersBrendan Peters
It appears there are two options:
1) Enhanced Profiler User Interface - you unfortunately will need to go in to each one individually and update them
2) Disable Enhanced Profile User Interface - this will allow you to click Edit, scroll down and then very easily uncheck the ones you need
I am literally performing this Challenge as we speak. I did not want to believe #1 was true nor did I want to click each one (too much time!) so I performed #2 and passed. Hope this helps anyone going thru this module :)
Jorge Ortiz-ViverosJorge Ortiz-Viveros
You may experience a problem disabling Enhanced Profile (EP) User Interface. For this purposes of this Challenge, it is a nightmare try to do it using the EP. If you can't disable it, my recommendation is to jump to a clean Trailhead Playground and do it WITHOUT activating EP. Doing that, you will only need a couple of minutes to enable what is needed. And voila!
Terezinha Araujo 15Terezinha Araujo 15
Create an Account Reviewer profile
Assume a company needs a user whose job is to solely review existing accounts and report on them, but does not require the ability to edit the records. They should only see records from the Account object. Create the correct profile for this user.
The profile must be named 'Account Reviewer'.
The 'Account Reviewer' profile should use the 'Salesforce' user license type.
Any user assigned to the 'Account Reviewer' profile should only have read access to the Account object (and no access to any other object in the Org).
I have created standard user and but I dont see edit option to remove the permissions. Please guideUser-added imageUser-added image
Tks.
CoachTerriCoachTerri
I've found 2 places where read only can be given, but I'm unable to change. Thanks to anyone who can help.
I've disabled the enhanced, and still can't edit. The read-only profile also has edit access for account name and owner.
User-added image
User-added image
Justas BalciunasJustas Balciunas
As per earlier comment, I am not able to locate the edit opotion and see the same User-added image