function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kranjankranjan 

Package showing a wrong dependency of Customer portal instead of showing Communities

Hi,

We have a SF package related to chatter and communities. This package requires communities to be enabled in an org to install. However in one of our client's org, the Package Installation is failing with error for Missing Organization Feature: Customer Success Portal. We do not have any dependency on this feature as such, however the package is also showing a dependency on this feature under the package details in the development org. We are able to successfully install the package on our test orgs even when Customer Portal is not enabled showing that there should not be any dependency on this feature. We also have went ahead and created a Trial org (to check) which does not have the customer portal feature and we just enabled Partner community in the org. And we were able to successfully deploy the complete code and config to the new trial EE org (with customer portal feature totally not existing. showing up in that org). So our dependency is communities and not the customer portal which is verified with the complete code being deployed to the Trial org without any issues. However the package seems to be showing a wrong dependency. It should be showing the dependency as Communities and NOT customer portal. We contacted SF support but they said this is developer issue. We are failing to understand how to resolve this dependency when its SF who is showing this as a dependency. 

​Can anyone please help how to resolve this? Any help is highly appreciated.

Regards
Kamal
Stephen NStephen N
Hi Kamal,
Were you ever able to resolve this issue?
RobAlexanderRobAlexander
Stephen and Kamal, do either of you have references to any of the following user fields in your code?:
  • IsPortalEnabled
  • IsPortalSelfRegistered
  • PortalRole
kranjankranjan
Hi Rob and Stephen,

I did had reference to IsPortalEnabled field on user object which was a shared field for Communities feature and Customer Success Portal feature. However it was auto adding the Customer Success Portal feature in my package even when my usage for the same was for Communities. So only it was causing the issue. I resolved the same by creating a custom Formula field "IsCommunityUser" which works out of User.Profile.UserType field values and based on if it is out of any of the following 4 values(which are for portal/ community license) it returns true:

- PowerCustomerSuccess
- CustomerSuccess
- CspLitePortal
- PowerPartner

This worked for me as i was not using IsPortalEnabled field anymore. Later SF also resolved this issue and now instead of adding the Customer Success Portal feature, it adds a new feature "Portal" which will be satisfied if either any Portal is enabled in the org or community is enabled adn accordingly their licenses are available while installing the package in any org and will allow the installation to happen smoothly.

Regards
Kamal