function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Shannon Andreas 1Shannon Andreas 1 

Need to find average number of demos per month on report

Hello Friends!

I need your expertise here.

I am trying to find the average number of demos per month via matrix or summary report.

We are trying to find 1.) demos completed per month by lead source and 2.) the average number of demos completed (1 demo complete = 1 Oppty) per rep per month, based on the current number of months. Here is the first part of the requested report:
User-added image

I now need to find the average per month, per user for each user. It does not have to be by lead source.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Shannon

Squire Q KershnerSquire Q Kershner
We did these kind of calculations by adding a hidden field (we called it RecordCounter) with a default value of 1.  By adding this field to a report, you can summarize on a counter, giving you averages and sums by Grouping.  There are more robust ways to do this by writing custom report formulas, but if you need the average user to be able to create the average, this tool works.
Shannon Andreas 1Shannon Andreas 1
This is the "Power of One" technique...I did add a custom field, but I am having trouble trying to get the right fields grouped to get the desired result. I am creating the report, so I would be interested in the more robust formulas if you have them to share?

Thanks so much for your response!

Shannon