function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Timothy KeithTimothy Keith 

Leads are duplicating from Marketo integration.

Hello, 

Over the past month my Salesforce org has been having Marketo/Saleforce duplicate lead sync problem. For certian leads at random times an action/trigger is duplicating leads as many as 15 times that getting synced over from Marketo. I was able to monitor the action that was setting off the duplicates (Screen shot below).  Has anyone ever had this problem before? If so, how can I stop this from happening? 

What is really strange ....is Salesforce seems to be reading the leads as web to lead. 

Please see action in the screenshot below:

User-added image
Andy BoettcherAndy Boettcher
Have you talked to Marketo about this?
Yes, we tried but they said because the trigger is happening in Salesforce. ... they cant do anything. 

We are still working with their support team but it doesnt seem like they are going to help. 
Andy BoettcherAndy Boettcher
What Lead triggers do you have?  (Customize/Leads/Triggers)
The only trigger we have is a manged from the marketo salesforce package "RemoveInterestingMomentLinebreaksLead".  Please see screenshot below. 

User-added image
Ramesh VaratharajRamesh Varatharaj
Hi Timothy, did you find a solution for the issue you reported? I am having issue with the same trigger - some time the sync fails with a status saying - CPU time exceeded. Did you get any help from Marketo team?
(CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY) mkto_si.RemoveInterestingMomentLinebreaksLead: System.LimitException: Apex CPU time limit exceeded,

Thanks,
Ramesh
Mustafa Al SalihiMustafa Al Salihi
@Ramesh , did you figure it out? we're running into the same issue. 
Megan Hairston 7Megan Hairston 7
We are having the same issue right now. Created over 300k in March alone. We had to turn off our Marketo-SFDC sync. It only happens when that sync is on, so maybe it's a Marketo only issue?