function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Cameron BumsteadCameron Bumstead 

closed standard opportunity to update a custom object field

I'm trying to figure out how to update a field on a custom object, "Vendor Products", when an opportunity is closed. There is a lookup field on the opportunity that attaches it to the Vendor Product and the opportunities show up on a related list on the Vendor Product object. Is there an effective way to do this?
Best Answer chosen by Cameron Bumstead
Terence_ChiuTerence_Chiu
Cameron, you can create a Process Builder flow against the Opportunity object. Conditions should be when the Stage of the Opportunity is Closed. The action will be Update a Record and you will select the Lookup relationship to the Vendor Product object in order to update the related record.

All Answers

Terence_ChiuTerence_Chiu
Cameron, you can create a Process Builder flow against the Opportunity object. Conditions should be when the Stage of the Opportunity is Closed. The action will be Update a Record and you will select the Lookup relationship to the Vendor Product object in order to update the related record.
This was selected as the best answer
Boris BachovskiBoris Bachovski
You can do that via Workflow. Do you know the ID of the Vendor Product object upfront?
Cameron BumsteadCameron Bumstead
Thank you Terence_Chiu. I don't use process builder as much as I probably should and I couldn't get it to work with Workflow.