function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Roger PavelleRoger Pavelle 

InvalidJob : Empty transformation specification

I'm getting the forllowing error when using the data import wizard:
Your import failed: Import for object BoleteFilter__Bolete__c did not succeed. Error received - InvalidJob : Empty transformation specification

All of the fields that I am trying to import/update are showing as mapped.  How do I go about figuring out what is not being mapped/transformed properly?

Thanks.
Best Answer chosen by Roger Pavelle
Andy BoettcherAndy Boettcher
That's a tough one Roger - as nasty as it sounds, if breaking it up by rows isn't helping, I'd start breaking it up by columns or just try the same action via Data Loader instead of Import Wizard (FWIW, I really dislike Import Wizard...)

All Answers

Can you provide a little more information?  Assuming you're importing a CSV file?  Looking at the error, my guess is that you may have some bad data in the file you're importing.  Can you try importing just the first row of the file to see if that works?
Yes, I am using a CSV file (converted from Excel.  There are 90 fields that are being imported/updated, over half of which are checkboxes/boolean values (TTT and FFF, which I have successfully imported previously).  All of the fields are showing as mapped correctly on the import screen (by Name).  I get the error noted when I click on "Start Import."

I did try updating 2 records, as well as just importing records.  Both attempts yield the same error.  I also did find some type mismatch errors (things that changed from number to text).  I'm getting the same error after changing those (and the tests noted before did not have those issues).

Before Friday, I was just getting a generic error message.  After the Salesforce update Friday night  thought I'd try it again and now get this slightly more detailed message.

I am not using Lightning and previously tried adding an owner field to the records, but that didn't make any difference.  The CSV files I'm uisng do not have that field included.
That's a tough one Roger - as nasty as it sounds, if breaking it up by rows isn't helping, I'd start breaking it up by columns or just try the same action via Data Loader instead of Import Wizard (FWIW, I really dislike Import Wizard...)
This was selected as the best answer
I eventually got this to work using Data Loader.  Thanks.
In Data Loader, it said the problem was converting TTT to a boolean value (TRUE).  I didn't have this issue previously using the Data Import Wizard, but I'll keep an eye out in the future.
Frances WoodsFrances Woods
I have been uploaded custom object data daily for weeks and I've never used the Data Import Wizard.  When I tried Monday morning to use the typical "Import Custom Object" quick link under Setup it took me to the wizard.  If you look at the top of the Data Import Wizard screen there is a link to "Legacy Data Import Tools" and it lets you upload data the old way.  I was finally able to load my file with no issues.