function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AbAb 

Effects of changing the opportunity sharing rules(record types)

Hello,

What are the effects of changing the sharing rules for opportunity.

Rightnow, my sharing rule, shares the opportunity record type R1 with a certain roles,
I want to chage the recordy type shared.

what will eb the effects
Best Answer chosen by Ab
Carlos Campillo GallegoCarlos Campillo Gallego
Hello Sandrine,

As per what you say, you are sharing just a certain Opportunity type, so if you change that condition in the sharing rule and, for example, you change R1 with R2, R1 type opportunities will no longer be accessible for those roles and R2 will be.

Hope this helps you...

Let me know if I can help you further :)

Kind regards,

Carlos.

All Answers

Hello Sandrine,

As per what you say, you are sharing just a certain Opportunity type, so if you change that condition in the sharing rule and, for example, you change R1 with R2, R1 type opportunities will no longer be accessible for those roles and R2 will be.

Hope this helps you...

Let me know if I can help you further :)

Kind regards,

Carlos.
This was selected as the best answer
AbAb
If i revert between R1, R2then again R2 and R1,

does it have any serious side effects or your reply above still hold good

I'm not sure of understanding what you pretend... are you saying to change the Opp. Record Type several times in the same sharing rule?

If so, depending on the OWD of your org, some Opp. child object records could become unaccessible (if visibility is controlled by parent) I think this is the most important side effect you would have (assuming we are talking about an org with no customizations regarding record visibility)

Kind regards,

Carlos.