function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
PS81PS81 

custom lookup field - show list by default

I have created a custom lookup field in contacts referring to the object USERS and added this to the layout. When i create a new contact i can view the new lookup field but when i click on the magnifying glass to select a user i donot see any listed by default. If i type as A* in search field and search the system list the users matching the criteria but my question is how to list a specific list of users based on role by default ?

If this is  a std behaviour  would i be able to have a custom VF page for the lookup field i added? if so how can i achieve it?
KaranrajKaranraj
Its a standaard behaviour of lookup field. It will display the recently accessed record in the lookup window. If want to override the new and edit standard button with custom visualforce. You have to recreate the entire page in visualforce and add the custom lookup poup functionality. http://blog.jeffdouglas.com/2011/08/12/roll-your-own-salesforce-lookup-popup-window/
Chandra Sekhar CH N VChandra Sekhar CH N V
Have you tried adding a lookup filter in the lookup field properties? There you can define your own crierias for values to display.