function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rob SarnoRob Sarno 

Not able to enroll for a Salesforce Developer Edition Account

I am currently taking the course Admin Trail Begginer: Getting Started With the Platform, when I proceed to sign up for a DE account I get the following message: "Sorry, we can't enroll you in a Salesforce Developer Edition account because the email address you entered is already in use. To sign up with a different email address, go to https://developer.salesforce.com/form/signup/freetrial.jsp ."

Does this mean I already have a Development Edition Account? If so where would I access it? 
Or should/can I sign up with any email adress fir a DE? 
Best Answer chosen by thisisnotapril
thisisnotaprilthisisnotapril
If you will let me know your username I can reset your password for you. Otherwise you may wish to sign up for a new DE - you just need to use a different username. The email associated with your orgs can be the same.

All Answers

If you will let me know your username I can reset your password for you. Otherwise you may wish to sign up for a new DE - you just need to use a different username. The email associated with your orgs can be the same.
This was selected as the best answer
Rob SarnoRob Sarno
Hi my username is rsarno@envisiontel.develper.com

Can you send me think link to sign in too? 
I have reset your password and you should have received an email with a link to sign in!
Rob SarnoRob Sarno
Thanks, I am able to access it now! 
Marcela SanchezMarcela Sanchez
HI 

I could help please!!

I get the same

"Sorry, we can't enroll you in a Salesforce Developer Edition account because the email address you entered is already in use. To sign up with a different email address, go to https://developer.salesforce.com/form/signup/freetrial.jsp ."

What do I do?

Rob SarnoRob Sarno
April, 

Could you reset my password again and send me a link?  I am having the hardest time getting into my DE and completing challenges, when you sent me the link Tuesday I was able to get into my DE, please see my other post for refeerence, I'm very frustrated and appreciate your help, thank you. 
Rob SarnoRob Sarno
Got this taken care of, thank you!
Veronica Flores 10Veronica Flores 10
@thisisnotapril, 

May I please get my password reset. I'm having the same problem as everyone in this chain. Username: vflores@salesforce.com

Thanks in advance!
Charlene NguyenCharlene Nguyen
@thisisnotapril,

Could you reset mine as welll - charlene.nguyen@salesforce.com

Thanks!
Jeff McGinnisJeff McGinnis
@thisisnotapril

could yoiu pls rest my pw - jeff.mcginnis@centeronline.com

Thanks!
Michael LepleyMichael Lepley
Good Evening,

I am having the same difficulty.  My attempts result in the statement that I already have an account associated with my email.  Can you reset my password as well?

michael.lepley@ucci.com

Thank you
Hi Michael, that user name is attached to your production org. For a password reset for that org you will need to contact your administrator. If you need to create a development org you can do so but the username must be unique. The email address associated with the dev org can be the same you use for others, but the username must always be unique.
Hi Jeff, that account is associated with a production org - to get a password reset you will need to contact your org administrator.
Jesse FusselmanJesse Fusselman
I am a little confused. I was able to sign into trailhead with my companys salesforce instance. It wouldn't let me use the developer edition I signed up for, and I am getting the same error. If I set up a developer instance off a persopnal email will I be able to save my badges even if I leave this company at some point in the future?
Holly MarksberryHolly Marksberry
@thisnotApril, can you reset my pw:

Holly.Marksberry13@gmail.com

Thank you so much,
H
Christina PrasslChristina Prassl
@thisnotApril - could you please reset my pw too ?

christina.prassl@salesforce.developer.com

Thank you very much!
David Chen 20David Chen 20
I am having the same issue. @thisnotapril

David.Chen@salesforce.com

Can you reset my password?
Ben ChanBen Chan
Hi @thisnotapril

I'm having a similar issue. Are you able to reset the password to b.chan@salesforce.com?

Thanks!
Ryan MoylanRyan Moylan
I am having issues logging in with the Salesforce Developer edition for completion of the Admin Trail Begginer: Getting Started With the Platform trail.  I created a developer edition with the username rmoylan@trailhead.com.  My salesforce email is rmoylan@salesforce.com.  I tried resetting the password but still cannot login. @thisisnotapril 
Sasikanth bs 2Sasikanth bs 2
Hello,
I too am facing a similar proble. My account bssasikanth@gmail.com (mailto:bssasikanth@gmail.com) has locked out. I am unable to received the SMS validation text nor able to reset my password. Can someone please unlock my account and email me the password. I am learning SFDC in Trailhead.

regards

Marcy JamesMarcy James
@thisisnotapril 
Please reset my password for the Developer edition.   My username is marcyj@boydcorp.com.   Thank you.
Lexie JungbluthLexie Jungbluth
@thisisnotapril
Hi April!!!   I just started the CRM Basics Trail and on the 2nd Challenge "Navigate and Personalize Salesforce"  I can't get to the questions without logging into  a Developer Edition.  I have tried to do this with my Salesforce User Name and Password as well as creating a new account for the Developer Edition but I still can't get in.  My username is lexie@brandvia.com 
Mark Barrett 5Mark Barrett 5
I'm trying to reset my developer edition password for use on my trailhead labs.  My salesforce ID is m.barrett@salesforce.com but my developer edition username is m.barrett@brave-moose-124927.com .  When I try and reset my password, I get a prompt for the city I was born in, when I answer, its incorrect, and this is an infinite loop of reset links and city of birth prompts.
Matthew PolickMatthew Polick
Hello - I am trying to link Heroku to my developer Org within sales force for Heroku connect trailhead.  Can you assist me in reseting my password for mpolick@brave-moose-450514.com? I don't believe I had the opportunity to answer the "born in city" question, hence, I am unable to reset.  
Nirbhik VajorNirbhik Vajor
Please reset my developer org password that has username nirbhik@gmail.com (mailto:nirbhik@gmail.com). Thanks.
Jeannie AdairJeannie Adair
I created a developer account using my primary and preferred email address but my browser session closed before I could complete setting my password and security Q&A, and therefore I cannot use the normal process for resetting my password.  Is there a way to reset my password on that account?  I created a 2nd account in order to get this far.  My username for my primary account is adair.jeannie@gmail.com.  I will appreciate assistance in pointing me in the right direction.
Danh HoangDanh Hoang
Please reset my developer org password that has username danh_t_hoang@yahoo.com. Thanks

RecPro SolutionsRecPro Solutions
Dear @thisisnotapril, need your assistance here. I've an username admin@recprosolutions.com. While activaiting and setting up my initial password something happened with network and did not allow me to set a password. Now when I try to do Forgot Password, I get a link and when click on it gives me this message"Your reset link expired after 24 hours or has already been used." Could you please help me in getting the password/account reset for username admin@recprosolutions.com as I cannot loose this username. Your support and assistance is much appreciated.
Rodrigo ReisRodrigo Reis
Dear @thisisnotapril I'am having the same problem of Mr Jesse Fusselman , kindly please help me with this issue. Here is the print what is showing :
" Houston, we have a problem.
You are attempting to log into Trailhead to complete challenges with an org that isn't supported.
Please make sure that your Org is
A Developer Edition Org (it cannot be a Production or Sandbox Org) and
The Developer Edition Org does not have a namespace assigned to it."

https://eu11.lightning.force.com/one/one.app#/home
username = rodrigo.reis@leschaco.com

Thank you!!

Sam AmarSam Amar
Could you please reset my account :  sambhavi.amarapalli@gmail.com
David B 8David B 8
@thisisnotapril

could yoiu pls rest my pw - davidrscv352@gmail.com
Thanks!
Ari AdlerAri Adler
@thisisnotapril Could you please reset my account: ari@ariadler.com

Thank you!
SatsunSatsun
@thisisnotapril I forgot my Developer Org password and security question hence, couldn't reset my password. 

username: che@salosas.com
username: che_cpq@salosas.com

Could you please help in resetting my password?

Thank You
Kevin (Si) LaiKevin (Si) Lai
@thisisnotapril Could you please reset my account: klaidev@numerix.com

Thank you!
Hardik Doshi 2Hardik Doshi 2
Hi, After registering for a partner account, I am trying to create an org from the Environment Hub and keep getting below email issue. I have tried 3 different emails but no luck. "Sorry, we can't enroll you in a Salesforce Developer Edition account because the email address you entered is already in use. To sign up with a different email address, go to https://developer.salesforce.com/form/signup/freetrial.jsp ."
Any suggestions? Thanks.
Martha RabeMartha Rabe
@thisisnotapril could you please send reset my username martha_17@martha.ch as well? I wasn't able to define a PW and when I click on "Forgot Your Password" I enter into the infinite loop ofT "To finish resetting your password, go to the following link." returining to the "enter your username" page but never to the one where you can define your PW. Thanks for your help!
ashish kevadiyaashish kevadiya
Hi,

Aura developer account not sign up

https://developer.anchorfree.com/
(in this link)

please, help me to sign up in this aura developer account.

waiting for your reply.
Pam ParrishPam Parrish
I need my user name reset.  pparrish@servicelogic.com.dev

PEETHA PRASANNA KUMARIPEETHA PRASANNA KUMARI
Sorry, we can't enroll you in a Salesforce Developer Edition account because the email address you entered is already in use. To sign up with a different email address, go to https://developer.salesforce.com/form/signup/freetrial.jsp.
PEETHA PRASANNA KUMARIPEETHA PRASANNA KUMARI
user name is : prasu1@gmail.com