function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Heiner GoehlmannHeiner Goehlmann 

How-to search for existing methods or functions for my application?

Hi Developers Community,

several common tasks must be performed by any new application. For example: read webpage, scan html string and check conditions, send result by email. In the tutorial there already an example for sending an email was introduced, but I do not feel competent to find any other solution when the need comes up.

Please, may I asks for recommendations, how to search for those methods or functions to make use of? 

In my first trial, I am going to rebuild a very small application in SF. This application actually consists of an AutoIt-Skript running on Windows 10: this skript first opens and reads a special webpage (for this, AutoIt makes use of application modules from Internet Explorer) and stores the html code (with all links to embedded Java scripts resolved) as plain text file.

In SF, neither Windows nor Internet Explorer are available to me, so I am looking for a convinient replacement in the new cloud environment.

Kind regards,
Heiner
Tejpal KumawatTejpal Kumawat
Hello Henier,

Do you have application on salesforce & want to search for existing methods or functions?

Regards
Tej Pal Kumawat
Hi Tej Pal,

the application I intend to build with Apex actually works with other tools in another environment. I am interested in how that might be done (it possible at all) in Salesforce environment.

Regards, Heiner
Hello Heiner,

As per my understanding your requirement is : read webpage, scan html string and check conditions, send result by email.
So you need to create VF Page & controller in apex logic.

Regards
Tej Pal Kumawat

If this answers your question mark Best Answer it as solution and then hit Like!
Hello Tej Pal,

You are quiet right - these are my requirements. But actually I am a very beginner in Sales Force and have learned only very few tutorial modules from the trailhead "Developer - Beginner". For this the terms "VF Page & controller in apex logic" sound very interesting, but I still have no idea where to find a tutorial, cookbook, workbook, or something like these from which I could find the HOW-TO.

Regards, Heiner
Hello Heiner,

You can use this book to learn salesforce : https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.workbook.meta/workbook/
For more assistace you can skype also.

Regards
Tej Pal Kumawat

If this answers your question mark Best Answer it as solution and then hit Like!
Janis Ian SantiagoJanis Ian Santiago
Hello, 
The available methods are found in this link: https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.apexref.meta/apexref/apex_namespace_System.htm

For instance, addError() that is used in an object in a trigger is found under sObject.