function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Justin Jarus 1Justin Jarus 1 

"Working with Custom Lightning Components" challenge not recognizing the app was created

I have completed the activity for "Working with Custom Lightning Components" I setup "My Domain", I installed the "Contacts Today" lightning component. Added the component to the "My Data" app which was created in the prior module and saved the changes. Upon checking it through the Trailhead. It says:

Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'My Data' Lightning App was not found.

Any advice on what to do? 

Thank you in advance.

Best Answer chosen by Justin Jarus 1
Philipp Widauer 6Philipp Widauer 6
I faced the same issue cause of using "MyData" instead of "My_Data" as API Name

All Answers

Tejpal KumawatTejpal Kumawat
Hello Justin,

Make ensure to enable it for Salesforce1.

Setup | build | develop | lightning components 
check the Enable Lightning Components in Salesforce1 (BETA) checkbox.

Regards
Tej Pal Kumawat

If this answers your question mark Best Answer it as solution and then hit Like!
Justin Jarus 1Justin Jarus 1
Tej, thank you for your reply. Lightning components are enabled for Saleforce1 and I can pull the "My Data" app up on the SalesForce1 mobile app. 
GailGail
I am having the same issue. It recognized My Data in the previous challenge but now I get an error "The 'My Data' Lightning App was not found.". One thing that has changed is I've added a domain (as required by this challenge). I've disconnected and reconnected my dev org and changed the domain to NOT prevent logins to login.salesforce.com and to NOT redirect page requests. Still no luck!
Sarah GraySarah Gray
I'm having the same issue. I sucessfully completed the previous challenge too and now the Working with Custom Lightnning Components challenge errors out:

Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'My Data' Lightning App was not found.

I've tried renaming and reactivating the app a few times, with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

User-added image

Philipp Widauer 6Philipp Widauer 6
I faced the same issue cause of using "MyData" instead of "My_Data" as API Name
This was selected as the best answer
Sarah GraySarah Gray
Thanks! Changing the API name to My_Data from MyData let me complete the challenge.
Pat LPat L
Thanks! Changing the API name to My_Data from MyData also let me complete the challenge.
Suhail AyubSuhail Ayub
while editing on the visual editor, change the developer name from MyData to My_Data (right side) 
rhonda davenport 10rhonda davenport 10
I have tried all of the suggested fixes for this challenge and I am still getting the challenge error that it cannot find the 'My Data' Lightning App.  Uuugh!