function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Albert Lou 20Albert Lou 20 

Wave Analytics Trailhead: "Upload failed because the file is not a valid .json file" error

Hi Everyone, in the module Wave Analytics Trail |Wave Analytics Basics | Creating Your First Wave Analytics App, the user is directed to go to http://startsurfingthewave.herokuapp.com/trailhead_dataflow, and download the file Analytics Trailhead Dataflow.json into a local directory.  Continuing to follow the directions, I go into the Wave Analytics app, navigate to the Dataflow View, click on Settings | Upload, select the Analytics Trailhead Dataflow.json file, and click on the "Upload" button.  Once I do that, I receive the following error: TypeError: Object doesn't support this property or method.  When I click the "Continue" button, the error "Upload failed because the file is not a valid .json file".  If anyone knows how to fix this, I would be grateful.  I don't know why this isn't working since the dataflow file is provided by Salesforce via the link.
Best Answer chosen by Albert Lou 20
pbattissonpbattisson
Hi Albert

I have just downloaded and run through the example using the link. My suggestion would be to try and download the file again and make sure it has the extension.json

Paul

All Answers

pbattissonpbattisson
Hi Albert

I have just downloaded and run through the example using the link. My suggestion would be to try and download the file again and make sure it has the extension.json

Paul
This was selected as the best answer
Albert Lou 20Albert Lou 20
Hi Paul,

Thanks for this input.  After reading your reply, I decided to test this on another computer (IE11) and amazingly, it worked.  But when I went back to my laptop and re-tried with both IE (10) and Firefox, I still got the same error above.  To satisfy my own curiosity, I'm trying to find out why the upload does not work on my laptop.  It probably isn't due to the difference between IE11 and IE10 because I get the same error message when I use FireFox.

Thanks for your reply as now I know that the file itself is not the problem.

Albert