function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
L3nL3n 

Create a Global Action with the Visualforce Page

Hi,
  I am trying to get my global action "QuickAccount" to show up on the action menu! Not only does it not show up, the list doesn't even match my 'Global layout'. 
  I have tried refresh and restart my computer. I also deleted the related items and recreated them. I created the items in the following order: page, global action, global layout.
  This is so strange!Global action and emulator outputAction List
scottbcovertscottbcovert
Hi L3n,

Based on the screenshot of your iPhone it looks like you might be looking at the actions available on an account record. Based on your first screenshot though it looks like you added the global action to the global publisher layout. Looking through the documentation (https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.salesforce1.meta/salesforce1/actions_global_about.htm):

"Use global publisher layouts to customize actions that appear on Chatter publishers for global pages such as the Home page and the Chatter page. Global publisher layouts also drive the actions that users see in the action bar and action menu on the Feed and People pages in Salesforce1."

So my guess is if you go to the Chatter feed in Salesforce1 your action menu will match the one you created above and contain the 'Quick Account' action-good luck!
L3nL3n
Hi Scott,
   I found out that my Global Action list does show in the Chatter feed, but not the People pages. I thought that because it's a 'Global' layout, it would appear globally when you click any '...' icon as suggested in the Trailhead, but that's not true. 

thanks