function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
amish.jainamish.jain 

Issues with region Assignment

Hi 
I need to create a Rule which divides the " North -East "  region alphabetically among two Sales Reps (Sonny & Anoop)
So, all accounts name starting with A to J to be assigned to Sonny &
account name stating with K to Z to Anoop. 
Created a custum field to divide the north-east region as NE1 & NE2. 

Now created a workflow to to assigne the NE1 & NE2 region, 

Workflow for Sonny is working 
 ( (((LeadGen Hold-Over EQUALS 'Sonny Sonare' OR (LeadGen Hold-Over EQUALS null AND Account Rating NOT EQUALS 'D' AND Account Type (Pulled From Account) NOT IN ('Partner','Partnership Prospect','Competitor') AND Linkedin Sales Region EQUALS 'North-East' AND North East Division EQUALS 'NE1')) AND LeadGen Owner Email NOT EQUALS 'sonny@impetus.com')) )

Whereas the same workflow for Anoop with region as "NE2" is not working

( ((LeadGen Hold-Over EQUALS 'Anoop Goyal' OR (LeadGen Hold-Over EQUALS null AND Account Rating NOT EQUALS 'D' AND Account Type (Pulled From Account) NOT IN ('Partner','Partnership prospect','competitor') AND Linkedin Sales Region EQUALS 'North-East' AND North East Division EQUALS 'NE2')) AND LeadGen Owner Email NOT EQUALS 'AnoopK.Goyal@impetus.com') )

Please guide me on this, also let me know the possible ways of doing the same. 
scottbcovertscottbcovert
Hi Amish,

I'm not sure if what you pasted matches exactly what you have saved in Salesforce, but it looks like there are some differences between the first and second rule criteria when it comes to the strings ('Partnership Prospect' vs 'Partnership prospect', 'Competitor' vs 'competitor', etc.) Sometimes when I'm having trouble with rule criteria I just walk through the logic for a given record and that normally flushes out the issue.

Best,
Scott
amish.jainamish.jain
Hi Scott, 

Thanks for replying, I've updated the rule criteria as : 

( (((LeadGen Hold-Over EQUALS 'Anoop Goyal' OR (LeadGen Hold-Over EQUALS null AND Account Rating NOT EQUALS 'D' AND Account Type (Pulled From Account) NOT IN ('Partner','Partnership Prospect','Competitor') AND Linkedin Sales Region EQUALS 'North-East' AND North East Division EQUALS 'NE2')) AND LeadGen Owner Email NOT EQUALS 'AnoopK.Goyal@impetus.com')) )

but unfortunately this is also not working. 

Thanks