function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Suzanne C.Suzanne C. 

Chatter approval process

I need help with a Trailhead challenge that I can't get a pass on:
  • Create an approval process to support a case escalation procedure, with the ability to approve directly from Chatter.Verify Chatter Approvals is enabled and the Case standard object has Chatter feed tracking turned on.
  • The approval process must be created on the Case object and be named 'Case Escalation'. No entry criteria is required for this approval process and you can set yourself as the approver.
  • Upon entering the approval process, approval request notification needs to be posted to the Chatter feed.
This should be so easy! I can clearly see that the approval process is working and that it appears in the feed, but I still get an error. What am I missing?!

Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Process failed. First exception on row 0; first error: NO_APPLICABLE_PROCESS, No applicable approval process was found.: []

Appreciate any help!
Best Answer chosen by Suzanne C.
Erik LangnerErik Langner
I solved this by removing the Entry Criteria. It said that a criteria wan't required, but it actually fails if one is present.

All Answers

Erik LangnerErik Langner
I got the same error. Not sure what the issue is.
Suzanne C.Suzanne C.
It's frustrating since the result is right there in the feed! Anyone else got this issue?
Erik LangnerErik Langner
I solved this by removing the Entry Criteria. It said that a criteria wan't required, but it actually fails if one is present.
This was selected as the best answer
Suzanne C.Suzanne C.
I can't believe that worked, thanks!
Eva John LyfordEva John Lyford
I had this issue too but @Eric Langner 's tip worked for me. I removed the entry criteria and the challenge completed with full points.
Eric BynumEric Bynum
I also cannot believe that worked! How can an approval process NOT require Entry Criteria???
Dani SchmitzDani Schmitz
Hello,  I am having the same problem on the very same  challenge:

There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Process failed. First exception on row 0; first error: NO_APPLICABLE_PROCESS, No applicable approval process was found.: []

I already removed the entry criteria but still, same error. Any further ideas? 

this is what my process looks like: 
User-added image
Dani SchmitzDani Schmitz

OMG just solved it. It was actually the Process Name: Case escalation  which needs to have the capital E: Case Escalation to get accepted!!

John MineckJohn Mineck
I am running into the same issue, I currently have no Entry Criteria, and its name is "Case Escalation" with both letters upper case. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Bruce Palmer 1Bruce Palmer 1
Same here. I can't apply Eric Langner's solution, as my Approval Process likewise has no Entry Criteria, per the instructions in the Challenge.
Bruce Palmer 1Bruce Palmer 1
Answering my own question. I accidentally created the Approval Process on the Account object instead of on Cases. Redid everything according to the Challenge criteria, then created a test case record. The approval request showed up in my Chatter feed and Trailhead passed my challenge answer.
Leah DavisLeah Davis
Thank you @Dani Schmitz for including a screenshot! I had tried so many things to get this to work that I'm sure I had the wrong boxes checked somewhere. Following your screenshot did the trick!
Kaity M. BemisKaity M. Bemis
Removing the entry criteria worked for me too!
Manish Kumar Srivastava 16Manish Kumar Srivastava 16
Please ensure you are picking up the correct object 'Case' in this case while creating approval process. By default if it does not picks. My issue got fixed by doing so.
James CutlerJames Cutler
I'm not having the same errors listed above, so please feel free to tell me to create a new thread if need be...I can't pass the challenge here because "No approval chatter post is created when a case is submitted for approval." I have verified that approvals are enabled in Chatter Settings, feed tracking is enabled for the 'Case' object, and the approval process has been created for the 'Case' object. There is no entry criteria and the name for the approval process is 'Case Escalation'. Really not sure what I'm missing and the lesson does not go over the details of setting this up. 
http://content.screencast.com/users/jcutlah/folders/Jing/media/2c122bd0-5a57-4e10-901c-67138ad513f7/00000345.png - 'Process Definition Detail'
http://screencast.com/t/BqWEq5DomNV - Chatter Settings
http://screencast.com/t/OntOKhzAmyjk - Feed Tracking
http://screencast.com/t/3ighfaOm35 - Approval process (shows it is on the 'case' objcet)
Thanks so much in advance. I bet it's an obvious solution, but this has me so stumped!
Revanth P 6Revanth P 6
Thank god i also got the same issue but after changing "case escalation" to Case Escalation" and removed entry criteria.
Alexander McduffieAlexander Mcduffie
I kept creating under the account drown down menu. Make sure it is under Case drop down menu once you are in the Jump Wizard first page. Hope this helps.
Mehwish KMehwish K
I tried all of the steps mentioned above and was still getting "approval request notification needs to be posted to the Chatter feed"
I went into my Case Feed filters and apparently I had created a filter long time back, in an older trailhead which was impending the posting. Deleted it and passed the trailhead :)
Carlton Amerson 5Carlton Amerson 5
This is what worked for me:  In the example for Approving Records from the Feed it says: Choose Account for the object for the new approval process.  For the challenge you need to select "Case" from the dropdown menu.  Just like Alexander Mcduffie states on July 10, 2016.  This is what worked for me.
Raj Dev 9Raj Dev 9
I've tried to put my Unique name as Case_Escalation but I get an error message saying Error: This Unique Name already exists or has been previously used. Please choose a different name. Any help on how I can overcome this?
Raj Dev 9Raj Dev 9
Never mind, I just created a new Approval Process and I got my 500 points and badge.
ram ballapuramram ballapuram
While creating Approval process through 'Use Jump Start Wizard'  screen > Field ' Approval Post Template' is not available and only Approval Assignment Email Template field is available. With out this  selecting  the template you created for standardizing the approval request post is not possibl. Please do help me out how to get this field on the Approval Process information screen.
Note: I was doing this for Account Object