function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jake 2020Jake 2020 

Looking for guidance on the right method of capturing cases

I am looking to implement Service Cloud for case management and wanted to possibly get some guidance on some good options for capturing cases.

Here is my situation:
1. Users sit within 2 different orgs, so I'm thinking the capture method needs to be publicly available
2. I do not think the Self Service Portal is a good idea since it would require Contacts & Self-Service Users to be created whereas I do not want people to have multiple logins
3. My domain was set to something that would not work by someone with the company before my time. This means if I tried to setup a Site it would have a really strange domain name that makes no sense. The application that used to use the domain name is no longer in service, so I may be open to changing the domain name (if that is possible).
4. We are looking at trying to implement the Live Chat and Knowledgebase as well once we get the initial rollout completed.

Any recommendations/suggestions/guidance would be very much appreciated.
Ashish DevAshish Dev
Jake,
I think you can utilize Salesforce communities. It would be sort of Self-Service portal but internal users can allo access it. On SF community you can build VF pages with desired functionality.

Jake 2020Jake 2020
I just switched over from Sales Cloud to Service Cloud based on recommendations during Dreamforce. Is there a comparison sheet anywhere that shows the differences between them? This is driving me crazy.
Ashish DevAshish Dev
I think you need to catergorize target users like internal users who would be raising the cases and agents who will be resolving those cases, and treat salesforce (force.com ) as a platform in common. 
Your agent users can work on Service Console which is part of Service Cloud. Your internal users can manage their cases from salesforce communities.