function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Brennan ButlerBrennan Butler 

Trailhead Create an Approval Process

The error I keep recieving is this:
Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Process failed. First exception on row 0; first error: NO_APPLICABLE_PROCESS, No applicable approval process was found.:

My screen shot is below along with a diagram:
User-added image
User-added image
Best Answer chosen by Brennan Butler
srlawr uksrlawr uk
Ok. I think the problem is your entry criteria is wrong? You have "Greater than 5000" - it should be just 500... and this is stopping trailhead being able to enter your approval process (I guess it is probably sending an account with 501 employees!)

All Answers

srlawr uksrlawr uk
Hi Brennan, can you hook me up with a link to the Trailhead module you are working in? The one I recall (and can search up) for approval processes was on Opporunity discounts, can't seem to find this one on Account sizes! sorry..
This is the link to the Trailhead: https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/force_com_admin_intermediate/business_process_automation/approvals

srlawr uksrlawr uk
agh. of course. blast my goggly eyes. The challenge is at the bottom.... sorry. Will have a look over it now ;)
Thank you, I am about to throw my computer. :)

srlawr uksrlawr uk
Ok. I think the problem is your entry criteria is wrong? You have "Greater than 5000" - it should be just 500... and this is stopping trailhead being able to enter your approval process (I guess it is probably sending an account with 501 employees!)
This was selected as the best answer
Well I feel like an idiot, I kept reading 5000. I changed it to 500 and bam went through. THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH,. You saved my computers life.
srlawr uksrlawr uk
No worries! Thats why the forums are here :D I can spend a whole day in my office staring at a problem, and then a colleague spins over on their wheely chair and spots the error in like 2 seconds... that's all part of the development world! You stare at something so long you go bug blind.

I hope you're enjoying Trailhead, I love it, I'd eat badges for breakfast if they were at all nutritious.
Bayarea 101Bayarea 101
i am confused here. Where are you changing this value to 500.
Bayarea 101Bayarea 101
Are you able to solve this problem if not i have solution for it. 

Jodi Swift 7Jodi Swift 7
I'm getting that same error "There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Process failed. First exception on row 0; first error: NO_APPLICABLE_PROCESS, No applicable approval process was found.: []", only I have my Employees set to 500 and not 5000.  Any other ideas?

Trailhead Approval Process
srlawr uksrlawr uk
You have the wrong Account type, [Jodi Swift 7] Jodi Swift 7 - you need "Pending" not "prospect" :)
Irving DindoyalIrving Dindoyal
Hiya I have the same error message.  I am posting my screenshots below.  I have the approval process marked as active.  
Any ideas please?
Irving
User-added image
User-added image
User-added image
devicharanteja Ramaranguladevicharanteja Ramarangula
Hello,
I am getting the same error
"
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Process failed. First exception on row 0; first error: NO_APPLICABLE_PROCESS, No applicable approval process was found.: []
"
can anyone help me with this!!
ali ahmed 2ali ahmed 2
@devi ...
I solved this by removing the Entry Criteria. It said that a criteria won't required, but it actually fails if one is present.
Melody McGloinMelody McGloin
Thanks this removing the entry criteria worked for me too!
Kelli Raub 7Kelli Raub 7
Hi! I have the same thing (or so I think) as everyone else above, and I keep getting an error message  {There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Process failed. First exception on row 0; first error: NO_APPLICABLE_PROCESS, No applicable approval process was found.: []

Can someone please help, or see if they can catch any errors:
User-added image
Michiel Verwater 1Michiel Verwater 1
Hi! I also having a hard time completing the Customize How Record Get Approved with Approvals challange. I have read all the possible solutions, watched some YT videos, but still haven't find the answer that will solve the issue I have.

Tried removed the criteria
Looked for triggers and validation rules
Reworked the process using tuturials on forums but als the YT videos
I've tested the approval process and it works fine, but Trailhead isn't accepting it somehow

I hope my screenshots below will help you to help me:

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Process failed. First exception on row 0; first error: NO_APPLICABLE_PROCESS, No applicable approval process was found.: []​

User-added image
User-added image
User-added image
User-added image
User-added image