function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BTheForceBTheForce 

Error: myRule_1_A1 (Action Call) - We can't find an action with the name and action type that you specified.

I created a process builder flow for an email alert and added it to our package. When I tried to deploy the change to another developer org (using ant), I'm encountering the below error.

[sf:deploy] -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[sf:deploy] Component Failures:
[sf:deploy] 1.  flows/Complaint_Email_Notification-8.flow -- Error: myRule_1_A1 (Action Call) - We can't find an action with the name and action type that you specified.
[sf:deploy] -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I came across this know issue that seems like the same issue I'm facing, but says it's fixed.
https://success.salesforce.com/issues_view?id=a1p300000008Y2MAAU

Seems like the myRule_1_A1 is the API name given to the flow components in the background.

Has anyone run into this issue?
Best Answer chosen by BTheForce
BTheForceBTheForce
Hi Pcon,

We managed to resolve this. Apparently creating a dummy workflow and pulling those existing email alerts (referenced in the flow) and deploying with that updated workflow file (which now has the email alerts and which is typically where the email alerts usually reside) resolved the issue. I deployed with the 33.0 API version I had initially and it worked just fine. This workaround was suggested here.
https://github.com/srikant12/DepTest/search?utf8=✓&q=DiscountRejected

Thanks for looking into this.

All Answers

pconpcon
What api verson are you using in your package.xml and what api version of the ant jar are you using?

You can determine your ant jar version by following the steps in this link [1].  I don't have a good way to do it in non-linux environments.

[1] https://github.com/pcon/ant-salesforce#linux
BTheForceBTheForce
I'm using 33.0 in my package.xml and Ant version is Apache Ant(TM) version 1.9.6 compiled on June 29 2015

I'm trying to get the api version of the ant jar. I can locate the ant-salesforce.jar file, but figuring out how to get the API version. I'll keep looking.
pconpcon
My first steps would be to update the ant-salesforce.jar and the package.xml to version 35.0 and seeing if that fixes it.  If it does not, I would repull the .flow with the update versions and see if it updates anything in the .flow file
BTheForceBTheForce
I tried updating the package.xml to 35.0 (still figuring out the ant-salesforce.jar api version update) and that didn't help. Still got the same error and some other errors since certain properties (customSettingsVisibility, minPasswordLength) are not valid in version 35.0. Also a bunch of errors saying a custom setting field was missing, when it's not.

FWIW, When I extracted the ant-salesforce.jar file, I got some version numbers in the following files that says 24.0. Not sure if it's relevant.
ant-Salesforce-->META-INF-->maven-->com.force.api-->force-wsc-->pom.properties 
ant-Salesforce-->META-INF-->maven-->com.force.api-->force-wsc-->pom.xml
BTheForceBTheForce
This was in the pom.properties

#Generated by Maven
#Mon Feb 06 11:22:08 PST 2012
version=24.0.0
groupId=com.force.api
artifactId=force-wsc
pconpcon
So you are doing this deployment via Maven? Is there more than just your .flow in your deployment zip?  Can you please include your build.xml file?

NOTE: Please use the "Add a code sample" button (icon <>) when adding code to increase readability and make it easier to reference
BTheForceBTheForce
I'm deploying using ant. But I stumbled upon this pom.properties and pom.xml while I was hunting for the api version of ant jar. Yes, there are other components of my package in the deploy.zip, which is how I usually deploy. The package.xml is updated with the flow components. The flow folder is present in the deploy.zip with the defenitions. 

Here's the build.xml
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<project name="buildSystem" default="deploy" xmlns:sf="antlib:com.salesforce">

<taskdef uri="antlib:com.salesforce"
			 resource="com/salesforce/antlib.xml"
			 classpath="lib/ant-salesforce.jar"/>

<property name="props" value="build.properties"/>
    <property file="${props}"/>
	<property environment="env"/>

<import file="lib/ant-salesforce.xml"/>
	<import file="lib/exec_anon.xml"/>
	<import file="lib/deploy.xml"/>
	<import file="lib/undeploy.xml"/>
	<import file="lib/enable_access.xml"/>
	<import file="lib/run_tests.xml"/>
    <import file="lib/retrieve.xml"/>
    <import file="lib/doc_gen.xml"/>

<target name="listMetadata">
  <sf:listMetadata
  username="${sf.username}"
  password="${sf.password}"
  serverurl="${sf.serverurl}"
  metadataType="${sf.metadataType}"
  resultFilePath="list.log"/>
</target>

<target name="describeMetadata">
  <sf:describeMetadata
  resultFilePath="describe.log"/>
</target>

<target name="bulkRetrieve">
  <sf:bulkRetrieve
  metadataType="Settings"
  retrieveTarget="retrieveUnpackaged"/>
</target>
</project>

BTheForceBTheForce
Hi Pcon,

We managed to resolve this. Apparently creating a dummy workflow and pulling those existing email alerts (referenced in the flow) and deploying with that updated workflow file (which now has the email alerts and which is typically where the email alerts usually reside) resolved the issue. I deployed with the 33.0 API version I had initially and it worked just fine. This workaround was suggested here.
https://github.com/srikant12/DepTest/search?utf8=✓&q=DiscountRejected

Thanks for looking into this.

This was selected as the best answer
pconpcon
Sorry I wasn't able to solve it for you, but I'm glad you got it working.  If you don't mind marking your answer as the best answer so this question can be moved out of the unresolved queue and can possibly help other in the future.
BTheForceBTheForce
Just did, thanks again.
prati@salesforceprati@salesforce
Hi 
Was anyone able to find out the whats the meaning of FlowActionCall|myRule_1_A1 error in debug log? i ran into this error while runninga flow with a process builder.
Thank you
Terry WymanTerry Wyman
I ran into this issue deploying a change set to production.  Does anyone have more information regarding the last post?  My issue is similar:
myRule_1_A1 (Action Call) - We can't find an action with the name and action type that you specified.​
Hamish OliverHamish Oliver
I've just experienced this error while trying to deploy using a change set. As far as I can tell the issue is caused by modifying a Process Builder action after adding it to a changeset.

Simple fix - remove and re-add the process to the changeset. 

@TerryWyman - I'm sure you've already resolved this. Just thought I'd add answer for those of us deploying using changesets. 
Stephanie PowellStephanie Powell
@Hamish Oliver removing and re-adding the process to the change set worked for me. Thank you!
Christ Valentin 28Christ Valentin 28
@BTheForce your fix worked for me. I did not try the remove and readd option so If I run into this when I push to the environment I try that. Just happy my first attempt worked
V TV T
<types>
        <members>object api name.email alert api name</members>             
        <name>WorkflowAlert</name>
    </types>

use this to deploy email alert using package.xml
Abhita Gupta 7Abhita Gupta 7
Hi,
I receive the same error.

myRule_9_A1 (Action) - We can't find an action with the name and action type that you specified.