function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
#DD#DD 

CA signed certificate expiring in Saleforce

Hi,

I received an automated email from SF that one of my CA signed certificate is going to expire. I need to know do I need to renew or create a new CA signed certificate in "Sandbox" or "Production" instance and then download the .CSR and send it to CA for signing?

Please help.
pconpcon
If your current certificate has not expired yet, I would recommend creating a new CA-signed certificate, generating your CSR and then sending it out for signing.  Then activate it after you've recieved the updated signed cert.  Then you can delete the old cert once the new one is active.

This may also work if you can update the existing cert.  Might be worth trying to update the existing cert in a sandbox and seeing if it updates the cert served out.
#DD#DD
Thanks.
Can you tell me, whether i can need to generate the cert in Sandbox or production separately or if i generate the cert in Sandbox and then use that in Sandbox/Prod after it is signed?
pconpcon
I think you will need to generate both certs seperately.  They should be different CSRs for each host.
davoskidavoski
@#DD Did you confirm that you need to generate different CSR's for sandbox and production environments?
Bala SFDCBala SFDC
Hi,

Do we have an option to upload a CA-Signed certificate which was provided by client system and without creating CSR in Salesforce?