function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Gary PayneGary Payne 

Has anyone set up their SFDC instance so all Account records are owned by the company instead of individual users?

Our management team is considering changing the ownership of Accounts to be the Company, instead of individual SFDC users. The reason for this is our company has several Divisions that use the same Account records.  To avoid in-fighting between Divisions management is considering a change to make the company be the Account owner.  We currently use Account Teams and Sharing Rules to allow multiple users to access the same Account records.  Any suggestions on best practice for this approach to Account ownership?
SonamSonam (Salesforce Developers) 
Do you mean you will be creating a separate user for the company which will be owning all the Acocunts? I understand you will still be having the existing users work on these Accounts and they should have the access and visibility on these accounts? kindly elaborate on the use case.
Gary PayneGary Payne
Yes, we’ll set up a user profile for the Company and assign all business accounts to the company.  Before doing so I want to make sure our management team understands the impact this will have on account views, reports, dashboards, workflows, etc.. For example, the “My Accounts” view and report filter will no longer work for individual users.