function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
HNT_NeoHNT_Neo 

Change of Ownership Edit page

Hello all, 

out of the box, Salesforce allows you to change ownership of an account owner to another owner by means of cllicking the "Change" next to the current account owner. Upon clicking it, you are transferred over to the Ownership Edit page (see below). 

Is their a way to keep all the functionalities/selections on this page, but also add the ability to add a custom message that will transfer over via email when the "Send Notification Email" checkbox is selected? 

Ownership Edit Page
Best Answer chosen by HNT_Neo
AndrewTaylorAndrewTaylor
No, you can't override the Change Owner link, which is why I was mentioning you can't hide it without overriding the View page with your own Visualforce page.

If you went this route, you'd need to create a link/button to direct users to your own VF page, e.g. /apex/myChangeAccountOwnerPage?id=<account.id>

All Answers

AndrewTaylorAndrewTaylor
You're looking to add an input field to add a message (e.g. "Hi Sam, we're giving you all of John's Accounts")?

This page can't be customized, I think you'd need to create a VF page & controller, and add a button to it on the Account page.  Unfortunately, you wouldn't be able to hide the "Change Owner" link without overriding the View page with another Visualforce page.
HNT_NeoHNT_Neo

Looking at our url, it seems our "Change" linkis pointing to a visualforce page already? 

/a?retURL=%2F001d000000BfA6S%3Fcore.apexpages.devmode.url%3D1%26nooverride%3D1%26sfdc.override%3D1
AndrewTaylorAndrewTaylor
No, that's a standard SFDC page.
HNT_NeoHNT_Neo

I don't even see the change owner link label in the "Buttons,Links, and Actions" page. 

I could create a new link, but where would it be directed to? 

/001d000000BfA6S/a?retURL=%2F001d000000BfA6S%3Fcore.apexpages.devmode.url%3D1%26nooverride%3D1%26sfdc.override%3D1

001d000000BfA6S is the Account ID

but where does the URL point to the object it is using to render this page and if I create a custom link, what page would I be overiding? 

Thanks!

AndrewTaylorAndrewTaylor
No, you can't override the Change Owner link, which is why I was mentioning you can't hide it without overriding the View page with your own Visualforce page.

If you went this route, you'd need to create a link/button to direct users to your own VF page, e.g. /apex/myChangeAccountOwnerPage?id=<account.id>
This was selected as the best answer