function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Joseph JohnsonJoseph Johnson 

Error Message in Trailhead for module Extending Reports using the AppExchange

In Trailhead > Reports & Dashboards > Extending Reports using the AppExchange 

I get the the follwoing error message even though the "Wedges" are setup correctly on the "New Trend by Source" Pie Chart.   Images attached showing error message & visual of Pie Chart.
Any input or wisdom would be greatly appreciated. 
Joe JohnsonError MessagePie Chart
Best Answer chosen by Joseph Johnson
Swayam@SalesforceGuySwayam@SalesforceGuy
Hi,

You have edit the dashboard and change source to wedges.

User-added image

User-added image

User-added image

Also, Run the dashboard once. Let me know

-- 
Thanks
Swayam
@Salesforceguy

All Answers

Hey You need to install App Exchange package 

-- 
Regards
Swayam
TY for the quick reply.   Yes, I have installed the App exchange package

User-added image
Hi,

You have edit the dashboard and change source to wedges.

User-added image

User-added image

User-added image

Also, Run the dashboard once. Let me know

-- 
Thanks
Swayam
@Salesforceguy
This was selected as the best answer
Interesting, It worked when I "Untoggled" box  " Use Chart as defined in source report"   

Thank you for drilling me into "Component Editor"
Thanks,  Please mark it as Best Answer.

--
Regards,
Swayam
@Salesforceguy
Done
Ryan William SchorrRyan William Schorr
Joseph, your action on this topic is probably what fixed it. This is a somewhat notorious challenge as it appears that you've done everything correctly, but you haven't actually completed the thing that Trailhead is checking. There are two ways to add a chart to a dashboard:
  • Use the component dragged onto a data source in the dashboard edit view
  • Use the chart that was defined in the report edit view (chart embedded directly in the report)
In the Report Charts section of the Visualizing Your Data unit, Trailhead taught you how to embed a chart directly into a report. You can tell the dashboard to use this embedded chart as the component rather than the one you dragged onto the data source in the dashboard editor by clicking the wrench icon for the component and checking the box you mentioned:

User-added image

The New LEAD Trend by Source report that comes with the Salesforce Adoption Dashboards installed from the AppExchange includes an embedded pie chart with "Lead Source" as the field used to define the wedges, just as this challenge requires. However, Trailhead is checking to see if you've defined a pie chart with "Lead Source" wedges as your dashboard component. If that box up there is checked, you'll see the chart embedded in the report and not the chart defined by the component you've chosen in the dashboard edit view.

TL;DR: Click the wrench icon above New LEAD Trend by Source in the dashboard edit view, uncheck the Use chart as defined in source report box, drag the pie chart component onto the data source, and set the wedges to "Lead Source". You should earn your highly deserved Reports & Dashboards badge! 
Mukesh Kumar 107Mukesh Kumar 107
I still get error after unchecking the checkbox - 'Use char as defined in source report'. I have completed all other steps, including changing the wedges to 'Lead Source. Can there be any other reason?

my error message is also "Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'LEAD Trend by Source' dashboard component does not have the wedges set to 'Lead Source'."
Mukesh Kumar 107Mukesh Kumar 107
Finaly I found the problem. I had copied/backup '3 - Sales and Marketing Adoption' Dashboard. I was changing only the original but not the copied report. probably the challenge was checking my copied report also. I found it by uninstalling the package entirely and trying again without doing any copy. Also, I found that I was unable to uninstall the package without deleting my copied report.
Jessica White 17Jessica White 17
I'm having the same issue, and have tried all of the above items.

1. I did not Save As or Clone the dashboard, but modified it directly
2. I used the component editor and not the source report chart (although I subsequently changed that too)
3. The Use Chart as defined in source report box was never checked

Help please?
User-added imageUser-added image
Jessica White 27Jessica White 27
The original one that came with the report was a vertical bar chart though?
I'm uninstalling the package and starting again....

1. Installed Salesforce Adoption Dashboards
2. Run 3 - Sales & Marketing Adoption dashboard, New Lead Trend by Source component is a stacked vertical bar chart
3. Edit said dashboard
4. Drag Pie chart component onto New Lead Trend, and set wedges to Lead Source 

And this time it worked??

I'm so confused :)

Armando Siliceo-Roman 8Armando Siliceo-Roman 8
I was having the same issue and when I unchecked "Use Chart as defined in source report" it worked.    
Sylvia Hsiao 2Sylvia Hsiao 2
Thank you Jessica.  I followed your instructions and it worked.  I previously unchecked "Use Chart as defined in source report" and that didn't work. Drag the Pie chart component onto the New Lead Trend did the trick.
Titus de JongTitus de Jong
In Trailhead > Reports & Dashboards > Extending Reports using the AppExchange I cannot even download the Salesforce Adoption Dashboard.. it gives me an error immediately when trying to login with my developer edition. Can Someone help, so I can complete this badge?User-added image
Angela Chan 4Angela Chan 4
Hi, I am also having a hard time downloading Apps from the AppExchange (for all trails). I am redirected to a site that states the URL no longer exists and has expired. No other way to do this? Please help. Thanks. 
Angela Chan 4Angela Chan 4
Any updates here on the downloading from the AppExchange?? 
Christina Zhang 2Christina Zhang 2
I am getting an error message saying that the New LEAD Trend by Source dashboard component is not a pie chart. However, I cannot edit the chat - there is no "wrench" next to the charts- am I missing something here? Thanks for your help! 
User-added image
Linda HolzwarthLinda Holzwarth
I get this error message when I want to install Salesforce Adoption Dashboards during my trail. Why do I have insufficient privileges?

User-added image
Charlotte WelleCharlotte Welle
For those who get the message "the URL no longer exists and has expired" after login credentials for install, check into your dashboards, probably you had installed this package long time ago and it already exist.