function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kevin TsuiKevin Tsui 

Is my Trailhead account independent of my current org?

Hi.  I'm a bit confused with the screenshot below and would like some clarity.  I want to make sure that my points/badges remain accessible if I ever depart from my current employer.

Trailhead: My username is exactly my work email.  However, the email address in my account is my personal email address.
Developer Account: My username has the domain of my work email but some fictional letters/numbers before the domain.  The email address on this account is also my personal email address.

So what will hypothetically happen if I left my current employer and they deactivate my work email and access to their SFDC org?  Thanks.

User-added image
Andy BoettcherAndy Boettcher
Your "Trailhead" account is where your badges live.  Your account is defined by your username/login - which in most cases is the same as your email address.

In your case, it looks like you have been working under the login associated with your employer - so if you depart from them one day, you will lose your Trailhead progress.

If you haven't progressed too far, you can spin up your own personal DE and use that as your main Trailhead account.
Kevin TsuiKevin Tsui
Thanks for the clarification.  Luckily, I haven't progressed that far so I will start up my account using my DE.  However, will Support help me out by transfering over my two DF15 badges?
Steve_EarlySteve_Early
Kevin:

Sadly, I don't think they will. I believe DF badges need to stay with your work org (but you can always ask). It is the same thing with Collaboration groups that require you to have Premier Support to join them. You have to use your work org so they can verify you're actually a Premier customer. So anything I post to those sites is lost if I leave my current employer, but all the other groups I participate in are associated with my personal DEV account. 
Kevin TsuiKevin Tsui
Thanks.  Do I just go through regular support or somewhere else to try to make my request?