function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jaimin Patel 5Jaimin Patel 5 

Integrate Salesforce with External private website

We do not have SFDC Devs in our environment; we will be utilizing our webmaster for this integration execution. I hope to guide him from an administrator perspective, but I have little knowledge of integrations and plenty admin skills.

Could you please guide me with some information I should present in our initial meeting of expectations and how to's and requirements in order to integrate our SFDC to sync from our private website that data is entered to sync once submitted. (Ideally would like information to sync both ways)
srlawr uksrlawr uk
Hi Jaimin, lucky for yourself and your webmaster, Salesforce comes with a pretty brilliant standard REST API, which you can use to pull and push data in and out of Salesforce very effectivly.

If you take a look here : https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api_rest.meta/api_rest/ you should find everything you really need to get started on that road (there is even a section in that developer guide called "Quick Start" which should get you up and requesting data from yours salesforce org in no time!)

You can use this API for both Creating, Retrieving, Updating and Deleting records from your organisation.

Be aware of the limits within Salesforce though, there is a hard limit on the number of API calls you can make (you can find this infomation under "System Overview" from your Setup menu

User-added image
)

So if you want user driven, or real time data integration, you might want to look into a different API (I'd recommend the Streaming API for example?) - as a typical userbase could easily chew through hundreds, or thousands of API calls, depending on what they are doing!