function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Breno R GomesBreno R Gomes 

How to create a custom button for an automated Case Creation

Hello Everyone!!

I am trying to figure out how to create a button (called "Full Year") within the Case are of the accounts so that when clicked it will create 12 separate cases, associated with that specific account, and each case representing a month (ie. Jan-2015, Feb-2015, Mar-2015, etc)

And also another button (called "Partial Year") that when clicked, will create cases that are leftover for that year (ie. If button is clicked in September 10th 2015, it will create 4 cases called Sept-2015, Oct-2015, Nov-2015, Dec-2015)

Does that make sense?  Is this possible?

After doing this I want to also be able to, once the specific case is closed, will Trigger the deletion of the uploaded file on the case and the automatic upload to Cirrus Files/Google Drive integration...

I know it's a lot to ask, but I've tried with SalesForce Customer Service, but they say it is outside of their allowed help...

Thank you!!
Steve_EarlySteve_Early
Can I ask why you would want to create 12 cases like that all at once? Are you trying to do a parent/child setup with Cases -- putting all of September's cases under the Sept-2015 parent?

I'm a declarative developer so I don't do code, but it seems like it would be a horrendous amount of coding. 
Breno R GomesBreno R Gomes
We have an accounting office and need a way to control the bank statements that come in from each client....the best way we found was to create 12 cases automatically (because everyone needs that for the 12 months of statements) and another button for partial year (because some business started in the middle of the year)....

So I do need a parent/child relationship with each Case and Account....(ie. Each od 12 cases is directly under the appropriate account that it was created under)

That would be difficult and not easiely implemented?