function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sravana SudheerSravana Sudheer 

Unable to find picklist values in Vf page using standard controller with extension

Hi All,
I do have 2 dependent picklist fiels called case reason and case type on case object. So  as i said i am using standard controller with extension i do have some custom functionality going on too. I do have recordtype of implementation on case and i added these 2 dependent fields to that and i selected only 2 values in the Controllling field(case reason). But it seems like the values in the controlling field are different for different profiles. I mean as a sys admin i am seeing 4 values in that controlling field instead of 2  from the page i developed? I saw some where that the dependent picklist wont work in custom controllers in the way they are supposed to but as i am using standard controller i am still facing that issue. Just wanted to know does the values in the picklist varies by profile too eventhough both profiles use the samerecordtype and page layout?
 Any help would be much appreciated!!
ManojjenaManojjena
HI Sudheer,
check the record type what you are asigning in your code . clickon that record type .Now you will see the list of picklist values available in that record type .Edit the picklist which you have issue .Check the picklist values are there in your picklist or not if not there then add it wil work .
Let me know if it helps !!
Thanks
Manoj
Hi Manoj,
Thank you for your response.
But i already did that as i said my recordtype on case is implementation and in that i do have my picklist Casereason selected to 2(Project issue, Reason) values. As i said those 2 values are varying for different profiles. For my profile(sys admin) i am seeing 4 values and i am not able to find Project issue in that drop down. seems like a strange issue.

Hi Manoj,

Thought i kind of figured it out. Seems like it is based on the Default record type. Sys Admin profile and Other profile which i am seeing different have default recordtype other than implementation. So the values in the picklist are based on that it seems. But trying to figure out how to put it in my Vf page or Controller instead of making Implementation record type Default to profiles? Any thoughts on that?