function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ProlayProlay 

User Trace Flags view not showing the record of newly created Apex Trigger/Classes trace flag

I created a User Trace Flag for one of my Apex Class with all the specified data such as (​Name    LogType    Requested By    Start Date    Expiration Date    Debug Level Name), but unable to see it under the ​User Trace Flags.

Am I missing anything while creating the Trace Flag?
Best Answer chosen by Prolay
Magnus SjungareMagnus Sjungare
For class-based trace flags, enter Apex Classes in the Quick Find box, click Apex Classes, click the name of a class, then click Trace Flags. Same goes for Apex Triggers. From the you can add new Trace Flags as well. I know I'm a little late to the party, but it might help someone else.

All Answers

James LoghryJames Loghry
You're probably aware of this, but in Winter '16, Salesforce changed it's debug logging to use those User Trace flags.  If you haven't created any user trace flags yet, then you'll have to create a new one before you create a debug log rule.  When setting up your debug log rule, use the lookup icon for the debug / user trace flag and click the New button to create a User trace flag.  I'm guessing you inadventertently cancelled out of creating your last user trace flag, so try it again and see if it sticks.
ProlayProlay
Thank you, James, for your reply. Please find the screenshot where I created the Trace flag 

Trace Flag

After saving the Trace Flag, when I am navigated back to Debug Log view I am getting the below screen shot

Debug Log View

But when I am creating the User Trace Flag, see the below the screenshot, after I am navigated back to Debug Log view, I am able to see the trace flag entry.

User Trace Flag

User Debug Log

I do not know what is causing the issue

James LoghryJames Loghry
I would stick with the User trace, I've never had any luck with debugging a particular Apex class.  Plus, if your apex class or vf page uses other apex classes, then you will see debug logs for those as well.
ProlayProlay
Thank you, James. I accept your answer as the best answer, but officially I am not marking it as the best answer. Let us see if someone else can put more insight into it.
Magnus SjungareMagnus Sjungare
For class-based trace flags, enter Apex Classes in the Quick Find box, click Apex Classes, click the name of a class, then click Trace Flags. Same goes for Apex Triggers. From the you can add new Trace Flags as well. I know I'm a little late to the party, but it might help someone else.
This was selected as the best answer
Douglas HauckDouglas Hauck
Magnus Sjungare:  ...and it did!
Guy Ballard 9Guy Ballard 9
I still find this a bit confusing and I don't understand why you cannot create a log without a user trace flag but this link seems to be the most comprehensive source on what is happening that I have found: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/so-you-want-learn-how-use-new-debug-logs-winter16-atul-gupta-5x-/ Might be helpful for someone.