function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Adam AkinsAdam Akins 

How to create a Home Page Component that will show the last closed case and create a sound notification when the case is closed

I currently use an app called ring my bell that when an opportunity is closed won it will notify other salesforce users with a sound. It also has a home page component that shows information about the last closed won opportunity. I would like to do the same thing for cases. When someone closes a case it would trigger a sound notification for other users. Any ideas on how to accomplish this?
scottbcovertscottbcovert
Hi Adam,

I'm not familiar with what's going on under the hood exactly with Ring My Bell-though I suspect you could get similar functionality by building a Visualforce Page that makes use of the Streaming API and then embedding it into the Home Page Layout via a new Visualforce Area Home Page Component.

Here's more information on the Streaming API: https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api_streaming.meta/api_streaming/
James LoghryJames Loghry
Sounds like Matt Lacey, owner / lead developer of Ring My Bell is reaching out to discuss this with you