function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
karthik karthikkarthik karthik 

SLA and Disaster Recovery approach in API

Hi Everyone,

I have some questions related to salesforce API's. Could you please help me Guys...

SLA: 

1) API Response time: what is the average SOAP API response time (interval between request sent and response received)? How is the average calculated? Are there windows of variability (for example: 5:00 AM – 12:00 AM CT: 2-second response time. 12:01-4:59 AM CT: 5-second response time, etc.) 

2) API Throughput: what is SOAP API through put (number of requests that can be successfully served SFDC per unit time. E.g. number of requests served per second, or the maximum number of concurrent requests allowed, etc.) Are there windows of variability (for example: 5:00– 12:00 AM CT: 1000 requests/second. 12:01-4:59am CT: 500 requests/second, etc.) 

3) API Availability/Uptime (e.g. 99.999%, 99.99%, 99.96%, etc.) 

4) Scheduled outage windows 

Other Non-functional integration topics: 
5) Disaster Recovery (DR) approach: is DR transparent to the API client or are there separate SFDC DR endpoints to which the API client needs to connect during SFDC DR situation? 

Thanks In advance
Best Answer chosen by karthik karthik
Carlos Campillo GallegoCarlos Campillo Gallego
Hi Karthik,

I'm not quite sure if you should post these questions here... Salesforce Support would be more helpful and will have more accurate information (my guess).

Regards,