function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
hyjhyj 

Created CustomField is not shown in specified CustomObject

Hi all,

I'm trying to create custom object and fields by Metadata APIs.
It is succeeded to create a CustomObject named 'Test1__c'.
When trying to create a CustomField with full name 'Test1__c.Test11__c', I was told that it is succeeded but I could not get the field by describing object 'Test__c'.
Is there anything necessary I miss?
How could I create a field which could be shown in described field list?

Thanks
Carlos Campillo GallegoCarlos Campillo Gallego
Hi hyj,

Could you check your profile and see if you have visibility over that custom field you have just created on your custom object?

Regards,
hyjhyj
Hi Carlos,

I could visit the CustomObject, but I could not find the custom fields in it.

BTW, a quick question: My user is the owner and the administrator. I have the visibility over all objects as default, don't I?

Thanks,

Chigi CChigi C
Hi hyj,

May be it's Field level security, could you check Field Accessibility (FLS) in your object.

Regards
Raj
Carlos Campillo GallegoCarlos Campillo Gallego
Hi hyj,

When you say that you can visit the CustomObject you mean a record of this object or the information page of the custom object?

I mentioned the visibility (or FLS like Chigi says) because when you create a new field by UI at Salesforce, the last step is to determine which profiles have visibility over it, so maybe this is what is happening here, that is created but without visibility for any profile.
Also have in mind that if you deploy that field from that sandbox to another, you'll have to check again Field Level Security or deploy affected profiles aswell.

Regards,