function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
joseph keuler 1joseph keuler 1 

Segment developers between apps - Enterprise Org Structure

We have a large enterprise with a number of different unrelated business units. We are looking to do a smaller Salesforce implementation with some of the smaller business units but would like to keep the enterprise in mind. Everyone is coming from the same domain and will likely use Single Sign On federated through active directory.

Is it possible to delegate admins and developers for apps only? I may have business unit A that has a development staff of 4 and 25 users but what happens when I want to bring on business unit B that has 8 developers and 2000 users?

Do developers have access to all Apex classes in the Org or is there a way those can be partitioned off between business units. I don't want developer in unit A to be able to mess with Developer B's apex class. Nor do I want developer in Unit A to query Unit B's data.

How can an enterprise limit their developer and admin permissions to the app level and have everyone under the same Org? Or is that completely impractical.

Thanks,
Joe

Best Answer chosen by joseph keuler 1
William TranWilliam Tran
Unfortunately Salesforce does not give you that level of control.  You can't limit a developer to just some classes/pages but not others.

Limitation are enforced via processes (build, code review, deployment, naming standards, etc).

If you really need that kind of control then each LOB should have its own org.

Thx