function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
shillshill 

API vs. Web-To-Lead - Lead Assignment Rule Email Notifications

Hi,

I have noticed a difference between the way the API and Web-To-Lead work.  When creating a new lead via Web-To-Lead, we trigger the default assignment rule, which triggers an email notification to the sales rep.   When we create a new lead via the API, we trigger the default assignment rule but email notifications are NOT sent to the sales rep.  What is the reason for the difference between the two systems?  Is there any way to trigger the email notification from the API?   I have a client who desperately needs this functionality.

Thank you,
Scott
DevAngelDevAngel

You need to use an assignment rule header.

See the doc under SOAP Header Options.

shillshill
That takes care of the assignment rule, but not the email notification.   I'm able to assign leads without a problem using the assignmentRule header, but the assignment rule is configured to send an email notification.  The email notifcation is sent when using web-to-lead, but not the API
SuperfellSuperfell
API actions never trigger emails. An upcoming release will allow you to control whether the email should be triggered or not (via a new SOAP header)
shillshill

Ok, that was what I was looking for.  Thank you.

When is this feature scheduled for release?

shillshill
I noticed that there isn't anything mentioned in the documentation for version 7.0 of the API about using the SOAP header to trigger email notifications when using lead assignment rules.  Any ideas when something like this will be available?

Thank you,
Scott
chuckdubdubchuckdubdub
Has anything changed with regard to the ability (or not) to trigger Assignment Rule emails via the API?  I'm finding that the record owner assignments work just peachy, just not the email notifications associated with the rules.

FWIW, I am using nusoap.php w/php4 and also this call:

$useDefaultRule = new soapval('useDefaultRule', null, 'true');
 $sfdc->setHeader('AssignmentRuleHeader', array($useDefaultRule));

Thanks!

Chuck

SuperfellSuperfell
See the release notes/docs for the EmailHeader that was introduced with the 8.0 API. (so yes, its changed if you've migrated to 8.0 or higher)