function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
johndesantiagojohndesantiago 

Account Team Member Access does not match Share Entry

I have created manual shares for an account and Team Member records but the access levels do not match for the account. For example I have a Team Member entry with "Read Only" access but in the share the exact same user has "Read/Write" access.

Am I missing something here. I understood that the team member access got its information from the share record. Is this incorrect. If so how do I get the Team Member entry to show "Read/Write"

Thanks.
hemmhemm
You have it backwards.  The Share section gets its info from the Team entry as well as from Sharing Rules.  The reason you see a person as read-write when they are read-only in the team list is that there is a sharing rule in the background that has given them read-write access.  Salesforce.com does not allow you to lessen someone's access to data.  You can only add to it.  Thus, the entry you put in the team record is not actually doing anything other than documenting that they are a team member.  You would need to look into the Sharing rule that is giving them read-write access if they, in fact, should not have it.

In the Sharing screen, the Reason field on the first screen will explain the reason for access.  If that's not enough info, then press the Expand List button.  It will list out all the users that have access to the record.  You can then click the Why? link next to the user you are concerned with.  You should see that they have read-write access because of a sharing rule and read-only access because they are on the team.  Read-write access trumps read-only access.