function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
saarikosaariko 

Installing a DLL on SF servers

I am not yet familiar with the strenghts of SF. However, we need to create some kind of a DLL that does computation of the users products and some other information from the accounts name, and to create an encoded string. This string should be sent to an internal server we have in our network.
How can I do it? Can I install our DLL on the Salesforce network?
What are S-controls? is that what I need?

thanks
gsickalgsickal
You cannot install dlls on the salesforce system, but you can install them on your client's machines and use activex/com from within an scontrol to invoke them on the client from salesforce.  Search the boards for ActiveX and scontrol for some examples on how to do this.  Basically you will have the following lines of code in your scontrol and the dll on the client would be registered correctly... var myObj = new ActiveXObject("ProgId.ProgId");  var result= myObj.ExecuteSomeMethod(parameters);
saarikosaariko

Hi,

The DLL I need to install is planed to do some automated processing (activated by the end user - NOT the SF user). I can not have my end user/customer access the SF direcotry/database.

Hence, I believe I will need to install the DLL on my own server, and write an application that once the DLL is initiated, my application will automatically access the SF.

gsickalgsickal
That will work too.  You just can't install it on salesforce's servers, only your own server and client machines...