function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
NasipuriNasipuri 

console tab

Hi,

I am using Salesforce application Developer version.

I want to use the "Console" in a custom application.

I have used a console layout and have added the console tab to the custom application.

But for every profile the "Consile" tab is set as hidden which is not editable.

Can any body please tell me how to show console tab in the application?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Dinesh 

sfdcfoxsfdcfox
You have to assign a console layout to the profile. That's Setup | App Setup | Customize | Console | Console Layouts | Layout Assignment. You'll have to create a layout if you haven't done so, of course.

~ sfdcfox ~
Beto Carvalho 11Beto Carvalho 11
On my dev org (my profile is admin) Setup > Customize > Console only has "Custom Console Components" as an option. No sign of Console Layouts. Console Tab is hidden also.
Beto Carvalho 11Beto Carvalho 11
OK, as I stated above, it was not available in Setup. But I got it to work through the Profile:
  1. Navigated to my profile (classic, not enhanced profile editor)
  2. Right towards the top there was a "Console Settings"
  3. Clicked "Edit", it advised me that no Console page layout yet existed, prompted me to create one.
  4. I created one with the default settings (Activity as the only added object).
  5. Saving it left me on the Console Page Layout, I had to navigate back to my profile.
  6. In Console Settings I clicked "Edit" again, but this time, because there was a Console page layout, it took me to the Console Layout Assignment. I assigned the page layout I had just created to all profiles, set the tab to Default Off (so I could access it from the + All Tabs page).
Voilá. I can now access the console. Note: when I navigate to Setup > Customize > Console, Console Layouts still does not appear listed. I can only access it from the Profile (?!). This is Winter '17 release.