function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
GregoryGregory 

Custom s-control managing 3 different custom objects

I have two custom objects, one called Requisition and a second one called Candidate with a lookup relationship between them.   A single Requisition has multiple Candidates, one of which will fill the open Requisition.  I would like to have the user click a single button associated with a Candidate and have the following 4 actions occur:

-         Set a status on the Candidate to “Selected”.

-         Set the status of the Requisition to “Filled” and fill in a “Filled By” field with the candidate (Requisition has a lookup relation to Contact).

-         Create a new third object of type Assignment where several of the custom fields will be filled in from Requisition and Candidate custom fields.

-         If possible, for each of the other candidates associated with the Requisition, set their Candidate Status to “Not Filled”.  If this isn’t possible, the user can click on a formula field for each of the other candidates setting their status to “Not Filled.”

Note that I don’t have access to the salesforce API so that may limit the solution.

Can anyone help me figure out a solution?  Can a single s-control implement the above, or would one need to use multiple s-controls linked together?

Thank in advanced for any help you can provide me.

HarmpieHarmpie
If you have the option of creating S-Controls, you can do all this in 1 S-Control; triggered from for example the Candidate page using a custom button.