function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Bernard FarrellBernard Farrell 

How can we do bulk translation?

We have the Translation Workbench features enabled.

I'd like to download all translatable strings so we can have our localization people work on these. And then I'd like some way to upload the localized strings for a specific language.

I came across this cryptic note about mass translation, but it doesn't explain the structure of the Localized Value, or where and how to get the Translation or Translation User objects.

I've searched developer.salesforce.com, read the translation workbench docs, and even used Google but I've had no success.

Can anyone provide me with some instructions on how to do this?

BBKBBK
Hi Bernard,
Did you ever learn anything about this?  I am currently looking into the localization of our SalesForce.com implementation and , other then the Translation Workbench, am not finding much.  We need to be able to process the translation through our TMS system and so are hoping to find a way to export the localizable content as XML.

Any information you have found would be helpful.
Thanks,
BBK
shaggyshaggy

Hey BBK

Did you find a way to get an extract of your configuration data as XML? I am going through the same process as you are.

Thanks

Shaaj

BBKBBK

Hi Shaaj,

No, not yet, but I am expecting to hear from a SalesForce.com Sales Engineer today or tomorrow.

BBK

Mayur ThombeMayur Thombe
Hello Bernard Farrell, 

Try Quick Update Translations, an AppExchange App that helps quick translations update for Custom Labels, Custom Fields, Validation Rules, Custom Applications, Custom Tab, Record Types, Custom Links/Buttons, and many more.

It displays the selected entity translations in an easy-to-use grid format, which can be used to bulk update them.

Check it out this AppExchange app at Quick Update Translations (https://appexchange.salesforce.com/appxListingDetail?listingId=fa9afbfe-74ff-4027-ac32-2cdfd58184d3)