function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MiddhaMiddha 

Workflow on Attachments

Hi,

Is there any way to know if an attachment is added in salesforce? I am creatin an application to process cases and its attchemnt created/updated in salesforce. We are using outbound messaging to know whenever a new case is created/updated but we cant create an outbound message when an attahcment is added to a case.

Can anyone suggest a way to let my application know when an attachment is added to the case.

Thanks
GM
TGHTGH
I'm looking for this as well. Then we could add a validation rule that says that if an attachment is attached to an object, the user must select a picklist value indicating what the attachment is. Then we could also report on it.
MakMak
We have a requirement to send emails whenever a new attachment is added to the case. But workflows cant do this and trigger doesnt work on Attachment object Insert event. Any other solution?
Joe_IpsenJoe_Ipsen

From this discussion, it appears that Workflow cannot be used on the Attachment object:

http://forums.sforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=custom_formula&message.id=5525&query.id=549755#M5525

Will check with SFDC Support to see what they think.