function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kenji776Kenji776 

First Integration Project

Hello all,
I am the administrator for my companies Salesforce deployment, (been working with it for about 6 months now). They have asked that I create a system that will allow us to push and receive data from our external development tracking system (AQdevteam client, PETE). I have been doing a lot of reading, and trying to find the best way to do this. Basically the hope is that we can click one button from one of our cases, and it will send all the information about the case to our development system, the dev system will create a tracking number which it will return to sales force, and then upon request (or automatically) salesforce can query the system to get the status on this development item. I figured the easiest way to send data would be to make a button that sends several URL variables to a web page that we control, and it could record those sent variables into a database, which our development system could then query and make an item. The question then is, what is the best way for our development system to push data back into salesforce on request (or automatically, doesn't matter which). I am have some web coding skills (HTML, Cold Fusion, SQL, but no XML, or SOAP, or APEX). Our programming team is skilled in Delphi, and .NET, and will also be able to do some SOAP. So we are thinking that the development items will initially be created using URL variables passed to a page, and to refresh it we will have a .NET service that watches for changes in the dev tool and pushes them back into Salesforce using SOAP probably. Does this make sence? Am I completely on the wrong path, is there an easier way to do this? Thanks for any feedback!