function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sf_davesf_dave 

API to receive data from Salesforce?

All,

I'm wrapping up our initial integration with Salesforce where we can "push" data to salesforce based on certain triggers in our existing PHP based web portal.  This has essentially created 1 way communication from our portal to Salesforce.

My question is what is the best way to have Salesforce "push" data to our web app?  I've dug around the Wiki some but most of the API tutorials are all about getting data into salesforce.  I'm now ready for Salesforce to push data to us.

Things like "When you update an Account, send the updated account info to our web application"

Where are the best resources that (technically) describe how to do this with Salesforce / Apex?

Many thanks in advance!
-Dave
SuperfellSuperfell
You want the Outbound Messaging feature. Salesforce.com will make SOAP calls to an endpoint you define based on workflow rules firing.
There's a section on OM in the API docs, see http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/index_CSH.htm#sforce_api_om_outboundmessaging.htm
sf_davesf_dave
Brilliant, thank you!!

I suppose I should direct PHP specific questions related to this API towards the PHP board.

Thank you again!
-Dave