function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AbbasAbbas 

Preferred way to display custom objects in report

Hello. I have browsed through this board and have found that there is no support for displaying custom objects in readily-available reporting templates available through the sForce UI. My question is what is the preferred way of accomplishing so, if it is at all possible.

Abbas.

DevAngelDevAngel

While this is a priority, we do not support reporting on custom objects yet.  The easiest solution for now is probably to build the report manually using JSPs.

Message Edited by adamg on 12-17-2003 10:33 AM

AbbasAbbas

Thanks Dave. One more question for you. Once I do have a JSP page which displays the custom object, where would that page reside? on our site? or on sForce. If the answer is our site, is there a way to put a link in sForce to redirect to our site.

Thanks,

Abbas.

adamgadamg

The JSP page would be on your site, and you could link to it from within salesforce via a WIL (web integration link.)

GaganGagan

Hi Dave

As reporting is not supported by API's, how can i get a list of customized report created on salesforce. My client do not want to use salesforce.com GUI There must be some way.

There is a plug-in available for MS Exel... which lists the saved reports on any salesforce login and populates the spreadsheet with the respective data of selected report (office edition with XlDownWrap.dll).

Can I use this plug-in in my .NET application, if its programmable. Is there any other way to get Reports on my webform which is already saved on salesforce.com

Regards,
Gagan

GaganGagan
Hi Dave ,

I was expecting answer a bit early... the application is in the critical stage , I  must say yes or no to the client regarding availablity of reports.

regards,
Gagan
adamgadamg
>As reporting is not supported by API's, how can i get a list of customized report created >on salesforce. My client do not want to use salesforce.com GUI There must be some way.

As reports are not exposed via the API, there is currently no way to do this.
Michael SMichael S

If you are looking at other ways of reporting the data in sforce, we are in the process of building an integration with MindManager X5 Pro (see http://www.mindjet.com/us/index.php).  If you want to see your sforce data in Mind Maps, please contact me.  MindManager can present sforce data in a variety of ways including hierarchical maps and tables.

Message Edited by Michael S on 02-17-2004 01:43 PM

DevAngelDevAngel

Hi Gagan,

The XlDownWrap.dll does not expose any useful interfaces.  In fact, I believe that the dll uses some private API calls that you would not be licensed to use.  I will investigate to determine if this is the case.

Cheers