function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Michael SMichael S 

Occasional error from query 2.5 API

How should I handle this error in the 2.5 api?

query: select Id, FirstName, LastName, Salutation, ReportsToId, Title from Contact where AccountId='00130000000sWB8AAM'
Salesforce.com 2.5 error 0x1:
com.caucho.vfs.ClientDisconnectException: client timeout

DevAngelDevAngel

Hi Michael S,

This looks like an issue on the server.  Would you mind indulging me by letting me know a little about the circumstances under which this error occurs?  Is it a long running process that this happens within?   This kind of error message concerns me and I would like to get this solved quickly.

kevincarkevincar

Hi Michael, Devangel,

I have been fishing for input relating to a similar issue I've been having over in the Java dev group. In my case, I get a "RemoteException" socket error, apparently randomly.

Your mileage may vary, but what I did to get around it was to wrap ANY CALL I made to the salesforce site with a RemoteException catch, and when caught, I immediately attempt to log-in again.   Every call I make to the Salesforce server looks like this:

while(btdone == false) {
   try {
    tmp_qr =binding.query(strAcctIDsql); // get the actual data from SalesForce
    btdone = true;
    }
   catch (RemoteException jre) {
     l_bro.write("CAUGHT A SERVICE EXCEPTION (getIDfromSSN)! - attempt to refresh socket...\n");
     l_bro.flush();
     login();
     }

Unfortunately, things get a little weirder when the RemoteException occurs on the login attempt! :-) What I do (I know, it stinks) is if the login fails, the offending server call will ALSO fail (one more time), so it will continue attempting to login ultil successful.

Hope this helps,

Kevin

Message Edited by kevincar on 01-05-2004 11:35 AM

Message Edited by kevincar on 01-05-2004 11:38 AM