function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
moemoe 

Case Hours

I have created a field for the number of hours spent on a case (versus aging -which overstates time spent). I need to create a weekly report indicating hours spent per case.  Issue: reports by creation or modification date will only show the total hours, and don't provide me the hours spent (added to) this week.  Is there an option where I can create modified hours this week?

Thanks,

Moe

adamgadamg

Hmm.. if you grouped the report by week would that help?

As this seems like a general usage question (as opposed to development question), you might want to contact support to see if they have any ideas. 

Ryan N.Ryan N.

Moe,
We have a similar requirement for Case Managment and one low-tech solution that may be of use to you is to use Activities with a couple custom fields like:

Start Date, Start Time, Stop Date, Stop Time

Your users would then create an Activity record each time they perform work on a case.  A way to shortcut the manual input issue would be to create a custom sforce control or your own hosted web solution using the API along with WILs.

For reporting you may either use the Salesforce.com Report Wizard to create an Activity report or roll your own using one of several sforce dependent methods.

Cheers.

--Ryan N.

Message Edited by Ryan N. on 01-07-2004 12:50 PM