function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
testusertestuser 

web integration form instead of link

Would it be possible to add support for general html templates instead of just the web integration links.

So I can create a form button instead of just a link, and not have to worry about the length of the URL. A fake example:

Internet Explorer can supposedly handle URLs up to about 2000 characters (and Apache about 8000), but the general recommendation is to keep it below 256. If I could use a POST request (with a form button) instead of a GET request (with a link), the size wouldn't matter.

Thanks,
testusertestuser
I escaped all the tags but it still showed up as html, here is what the form looks like minus the less-than greater-than tags:

form action=http://www.myserver.com/myscript?skey={!Account_AccountNumber}"
input type=hidden name="accountname" value="{!Account_Name}"
input type=hidden name="city" value="{!Account_ShippingCity}"
input type=hidden name="comment" value="{!Account_CustomField}"
input type=submit name="Submit"
/form
DevAngelDevAngel

Hi testuser,

You should investigate sforce controls.  This in pilot right now, but is available to Developer Edition users (the edition you got when you signed up for sforce).  If you can write it in html and javascript, you can do it in an sforce control that results in a page that is embedded in the App UI.

We will be publishing samples for sforce controls in the coming weeks.  In the mean time, you can experiment using your developer edition.

Ryan N.Ryan N.

Dave,
As I understood it sforce controls were GA with the Winter '04 Release release.  The comment

<COMMENT> This in pilot right now, but is available to Developer Edition users (the edition you got when you signed up for sforce).</COMMENT>

seems counter to all of the publicity pertaining to the Winter Release and sforce.  Where did I go wrong?

Cheers.

--Ryan N.

DevAngelDevAngel

Hi Ryan N,

You haven't gone wrong.  If you would like, I can request that your account be included in the Pilot.  There are some waivers and agreements (legaleez), but could be done.

Ryan N.Ryan N.

Dave,
When will sforce controls be GA?

--Ryan N.

DevAngelDevAngel

Hi Ryan,

I'm not sure.  We are trying to make sure that we have sufficient management tools around this functionality before going GA.  All I know for sure is that it will be GA by mid 2004 latest, April earliest.