function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ltlt 

Support for Standard based Single Sign On

Hello,

Are there any plans for Salesforce.com and Sforce API to support standard based Single Sign On for users who are users in Salesforce.com and at a partner site?  By this I mean support for external identity server as specfied in Liberty Alliance Project/SAML (or even Microsoft Passport)?

Regards,

Len Takeuchi

salescentrix.com

adamgadamg
We are looking at this area, but don't have anything firm in terms of dates or technologies to announce.

That said, we do support "outbound" single sign-on - i.e. the ability to use salesforce.com provided identities in other applications. (This is supported via the current API.)
ltlt

By "salesforce.com provided identities", are you referring to the salesforce session id?  By "outbound" SSO do you mean that once user has logged into salesforce, the session id can be passed by WIL parameter to the other application to use to callback into salesforce via frontdoor URL or sforce API?  Or are you referring to some other mechanism?

Thanks,

Len Takeuchi

Salescentrix.com

adamgadamg
>By "outbound" SSO do you mean that once user has logged into salesforce, the session id >can be passed by WIL parameter to the other application to use to callback into >salesforce via frontdoor URL or sforce API?

Yes. That and the ability to log into salesforce.com automatically with a programmatically generated session ID.
vbvb
Can you explain little bit more about programatically generating session ID to login into sales force. As this is something that I need to acheive by allowing user to logon to our internal website and then show a link to salesforce on our site. Once a user clicks that link we need to take the user to sales force directly without logging on to sales force.