function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
CTU007CTU007 

question on enhanced list view and Javascript

hi, I found out that after i enabled "enhanced list view" feature, when i toggle between different view in an object, the URL address in the browser address bar does not change, for example, when i change from "closed this month" from "new this month" in opportunity, the URL address is same/does not change. So I am having difficulty to get the correct URL addresses for different list views.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
werewolfwerewolf
It's not a bug, it's AJAX.  There has never been any guarantee that a view could be addressed by a particular URL, and since that page is dynamically served up, there is no specific URL.  Why do you need the URL of the view?

All Answers

CTU007CTU007
somehow it says the message body exceeds 20000 characters...i counted and it was only 878...

I logged a case, and the response is:

After making a research about your issue I found out that the enhanced list is a dynamic part of Salesforce Web Page that uses Javascript, which is why the URL doesn’t change. Unfortunately that is how the system is set up according to this feature, this can not be change. The only way to receive the different URL of the lists is turning this feature off.

I dont know these technical language, but is this true?
CTU007CTU007
From a general user perspective, I think this is a bug.
werewolfwerewolf
It's not a bug, it's AJAX.  There has never been any guarantee that a view could be addressed by a particular URL, and since that page is dynamically served up, there is no specific URL.  Why do you need the URL of the view?
This was selected as the best answer
CTU007CTU007

I am not a programmer so I dont know AJAX works in this way.

but before summer 08 when the "enhanced list view" was not available, and even now if I disable this feature, when i select different views, the url address will change, it seems like there is a 15 character salesforce id for each view, just like any record in sf.com.

the reason for the URL of the view is to easily send my users the link to the view, rather than tell them the name of the view and the object. I guess I will have to change to this way.

Devendra SawantDevendra Sawant

Hi,

Thanks for the post.

I am using enhanced list. It does not show id in the URL but list view shows it.

I want to retrieve the URL when i am using enhanced list. Because i want to navigate between the pages using those URL.

How can i retrieve those URL from enhanced list??

Cheers,

Devendra S