function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Arvind1Arvind1 

Extracting DAY from Date

I have a small problem. I have a requirement to display DAY of the week in the application. For : ex SUN, TUE, SAT...etc. Is there a way to extract this from the date field. Please help.
Ad.baylesAd.bayles

Hello, with such a formula any date field will be rewritten in all letters (just replace the 'StartDate__c' field by your own field) ;

In the formula, if the field Language__c on my object is not set to english, the date will be written in French ;)

CASE(Language__c, 'English',
   CASE( MOD( StartDate__c - DATE(1900, 1, 7), 7),6,'Saturday',0,'Sunday',1,'Monday',2,'Tuesday',3,'Wednesday',4,'Thursday',5,'Friday','')&' '&
   CASE(MONTH(StartDate__c), 01,'January',02, 'February',03,'March',04,'April',05,'May',06,'June',07,'July',08,'August',09,'September',10,'October',11,'November',12,'December','')
&' '& TEXT(DAY(StartDate__c))&', '&TEXT(YEAR(StartDate__c)),
'French',
CASE( MOD( StartDate__c - DATE(1900, 1, 7), 7),6,'samedi',0,'dimanche',1,'lundi',2,'mardi',3,'mercredi',4,'jeudi',5,'vendredi','')&' '&
TEXT(DAY(StartDate__c))&' '&
   CASE(MONTH(StartDate__c), 01,'janvier',02, 'février',03,'mars',04,'avril',05,'mai',06,'juin',07,'juillet',08,'août',09,'septembre',10,'octobre',11,'novembre',12,'décembre','')
&' '& TEXT(YEAR(StartDate__c)), ''
   )